Ricky and Deuce - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky and Deuce

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ricky and Deuce

Postby NittanyLions » Sun May 09, 2004 11:19 am

Now we all have Ricky behind Deuce from 1 to even 5 spots, never behind him. I was thinking about this and started wondering why we do this. Ive seen 'em both play, and they both have equal talent IMO. I was never as high on him as others, but when it comes down to it, they are not that different. For those of you who claim Deuce is younger, so hes better, Ricky is a lone year older, and only 2 more years in the NFL. And we all say how the new passing game should help Ricky's beaing out. Last year, when they both broke out, Ricky had 16 TDs, Deuce had 13. Ricky had 1853 yds and 4.8 yds/carry, while deuce had 1388 yds and 4.3 yds/carry

Now this past year: Ricky had 9 TDs, Deuce had 8. Ricky had 1372 yds and 3.5 yds/carry, while deuce had 1641 yds and 4.7 yds/carry.

I think at this point our rankings are starting to put Deuce a little lower than before, but for those who have him solidly in the top 5 and ricky in the low top 10: Why? Am i missing something?
Sure, deuce's yds/carry was much better, but Miami's new weapons downfield should open up the box. Dont get me wrong, I have Deuce ahead of Ricky, but by a little bit. Ricky has had more TDs both years, so lets look at a two year comparison:

TDs: Ricky had 25, Deuce had 21
Yards: Ricky had 3225, Deuce had 3029
Yds/carry: Ricky had 4.2, Deuce had 4.5

What do you guys feel about this? And I dont think what Ricky did three years ago or anytime in New Orleans is valid anymore...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Sun May 09, 2004 11:22 am

I don't understand why Deuce is being ranked top 5 either. Until his team really shows me something about playing football an entire season, I can't see Deuce as a top 5 guy.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mig28 » Sun May 09, 2004 11:41 am

Ricky had 101 more carries in the 2 year span you mention...how does that figure into the analysis?
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MCG321 » Sun May 09, 2004 11:51 am

I'd still hold off on bets that Miami will have a solid "deep" offense. Once I hear a positive report of A.J. Feeley working well with the offense, then I'll boost Ricky as I see fit. However, let's make sure they have a QB who can do the job better than Fiedler, and actually force defenses to play deep.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Sun May 09, 2004 11:55 am

mig28 wrote:Ricky had 101 more carries in the 2 year span you mention...how does that figure into the analysis?

It shows that he is gonna consistently get his touches... not to mention deuce has missed games everyyear due to injury.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sun May 09, 2004 12:01 pm

As a Deuce owner last year in my money league I wouldn't take him in the top 5. I appreciated his consistency with that huge string of consecutive 100 yard games, but I was frustrated all year with his 0TD performances. Your 1st rounder should be a difference maker, and the 100yds were nice, but the lack of TD's killed me all year long, I cringed as I watched the saints games with them inside the 10 yard line and deuce never getting into the end zone. The majority of his 8 TD's came in a couple huge games he had.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby NittanyLions » Sun May 09, 2004 12:05 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:
mig28 wrote:Ricky had 101 more carries in the 2 year span you mention...how does that figure into the analysis?

It shows that he is gonna consistently get his touches... not to mention deuce has missed games everyyear due to injury.

Yeah that shows he is a large part of the offense. And as far as Feeley goes, I dont care whether hes a great NFL QB, he has a ton better of an arm than Fiedler, therefore forcing defenders outside the box. Oh and theres that OK WR named David Boston they have to watch. Either way, I cant see Ricky getting any MORE attention than last year, when they could just jam him in the box. I look for his carries to slightly decline, but his yds/carry to go up. Their offense has improved over last year, considering they added Boston.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:10 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:

misses games every year due to injury? deuce has only missed 1 game since he's been the starter there.
[b]cafe leagues
nkl 9-6 #3 seed, runner-up
budbowl 10-5 #3 seed. 3rd place
vxl 11-4 #1 seed, runner-up
gbffl 10-5 #2 seed, lost semis
cafe champs 12-4 #1 seed, runner-up[/b]
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:17 pm

JayM09 wrote:
TheHeat24 wrote:

misses games every year due to injury? deuce has only missed 1 game since he's been the starter there.

Im sure you checked this out but what most sites wont tell you is howmany games he left early due to injury... I know for a fact he left the atlanta game in 2002 early which was followed by his missed game in cleveland the following week... my point was more that he always seems to have some type of injury which he ws known for in college and is why he dropped a lil on draft day.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JayM09 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:25 pm

well with this reasoning you would have to knock alot more players down a bit, since most guys do leave games with injuries at some point during the season.
[b]cafe leagues
nkl 9-6 #3 seed, runner-up
budbowl 10-5 #3 seed. 3rd place
vxl 11-4 #1 seed, runner-up
gbffl 10-5 #2 seed, lost semis
cafe champs 12-4 #1 seed, runner-up[/b]
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk