Ricky and Deuce - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky and Deuce

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:38 pm

I believe the numbers you showed demonstrate a bit of consistency on Duece's part. He hit 1500+ yards both years. While his TDs dropped, so did Ricky's.

I for one don't have Duece in my top 5. He's my 6th, and Ricky is pretty much constantly flip-flopping with Jamal Lewis for 7th and 8th. In a draft though, I'd happily take either Ricky or Duece, as there's not nearly as much a difference between them and the top 4 RBs.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sun May 09, 2004 1:00 pm

The biggest knock on Ricky is that if he gets 40 carries, then he'll get 60 yards. He gets handed the ball and he falls. Deuce's biggest knock has already been mentioned, and that is his inability to score TD's that are so crucial in fantasy football.

Neither one of them is in my top 5.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Sun May 09, 2004 1:31 pm

maddog60 wrote:I believe the numbers you showed demonstrate a bit of consistency on Duece's part. He hit 1500+ yards both years. While his TDs dropped, so did Ricky's.

I for one don't have Duece in my top 5. He's my 6th, and Ricky is pretty much constantly flip-flopping with Jamal Lewis for 7th and 8th. In a draft though, I'd happily take either Ricky or Duece, as there's not nearly as much a difference between them and the top 4 RBs.

Um, my numbers had deuce above 1500 once and same with ricky :-?

I HATE the lower portion of the top 10, so hard to rank :*)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Sun May 09, 2004 1:34 pm

IMO, outside of Priest and LT there are a lot of question marks as where people belong.

Portis is on a new team (were his huge numbers a result of the 'system'),

Ahman had a huge year last year, but can he repeat it and can he hold on to the ball?

Alexander has huge games and games with little production

Deuce/Ricky - have been talked about

Lewis had an amazing season but everyone is expecting a dropoff and he has some legal problems

Edge should be fully recovered from his injury

Any of these mentioned guys could easily be a top 3 RB, they have all had great years in the past to warrant any ranking from 3-9. Hell, Faulk could easily be the #3 RB if he stays healthy. It really is just kind of 'luck' if you get the best player out of this bunch
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby r_singh_02 » Sun May 09, 2004 1:34 pm

why are u guys hating on Deuce. he is, IMO, a top 3 RB, not speaking fantasy wise. Yea i hear all the talk of he did not score much and the yard difference between them is not that much, but have u seen the receiving yards and catches he makes. this is what separated the top Rb's from every1 else: L.T. , Priest Holmes, Clinton Portis, Ahman Green, and Deuce all run and catch. If im not wrong i think that all of them except Clinton had 2,000+ purpose yards.
receiving is what separates these players from Jamal Lewis(even though he had 2,000+ purpose yards), Stephen Davis, and Ricky Williams.

look at their stats from last year:
Rush Yards Receiving Yards Total Yards Total TD
Jamal Lewis 2066 yds. 205 yds. 2271 yds. 14
Ahman Green 1883 yds. 367 yds. 2250 yds. 20
L.T. 1645 yds. 725 yds. 2370 yds. 17
Deuce McAllister 1641 yds. 516 yds. 2157 yds. 8
Clinton Portis 1591 yds. 314 yds. 1905 yds. 14
Stephen Davis 1444 yds. 159 yds. 1603 yds. 8
Preist Holmes 1420 yds. 690 yds. 2110 yds. 27
Ricky Williams 1372 yds. 351 yds. 1723 yds. 10
Ma Man Deuce McAllister = M.V.P....period
r_singh_02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MCG321 » Sun May 09, 2004 2:26 pm

r_singh_02 wrote:why are u guys hating on Deuce. he is, IMO, a top 3 RB, not speaking fantasy wise. Yea i hear all the talk of he did not score much and the yard difference between them is not that much, but have u seen the receiving yards and catches he makes. this is what separated the top Rb's from every1 else: L.T. , Priest Holmes, Clinton Portis, Ahman Green, and Deuce all run and catch. If im not wrong i think that all of them except Clinton had 2,000+ purpose yards.
receiving is what separates these players from Jamal Lewis(even though he had 2,000+ purpose yards), Stephen Davis, and Ricky Williams.

look at their stats from last year:
Rush Yards Receiving Yards Total Yards Total TD
Jamal Lewis 2066 yds. 205 yds. 2271 yds. 14
Ahman Green 1883 yds. 367 yds. 2250 yds. 20
L.T. 1645 yds. 725 yds. 2370 yds. 17
Deuce McAllister 1641 yds. 516 yds. 2157 yds. 8
Clinton Portis 1591 yds. 314 yds. 1905 yds. 14
Stephen Davis 1444 yds. 159 yds. 1603 yds. 8
Preist Holmes 1420 yds. 690 yds. 2110 yds. 27
Ricky Williams 1372 yds. 351 yds. 1723 yds. 10

If only he didn't have the lowest TD total on that list. :-/ Being able to catch is great for a back, but I don't see how he can be considered top 3 until he starts putting up big TD numbers along with huge yardage.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Sun May 09, 2004 2:48 pm

my biggest concern with Ricky is that he's Miami's offense. Fiedler couldn't do anything right. Griese couldn't tie Fiedler's shoes. A.J. can't throw Fiedler's ball. So what is it this year? Ricky running the rock damn near 40-50 times a game. And every team they play knows this. Ricky's young, but he's breaking down soon. With his level of play, I don't see him being the man too much longer. Look at what that power-running style has done for Eddie. It's just a matter of time, and Wannstedt isn't even noticing it. Sad.

Deuce will be ranked higher than Ricky in my books.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby CC » Sun May 09, 2004 2:56 pm

Deuce had 16 TDs in his 1st year as a starter and Brooks numerous fumbles in the redzone certainly hurt him this year. The thing about Deuce is that he is consistently good as opposed to Ricky who doesn't always put up great numbers. I have Deuce at 5 and Ricky at 6, and I have the much-loved (on here anyway) Alexander at 7 and J-Lew at 8.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby r_singh_02 » Sun May 09, 2004 3:37 pm

the whole Saints offense was not clicking last season....and look at the numbers he posted. what numbers do you think he will post if the offense plays well?
he can only get better.
Ma Man Deuce McAllister = M.V.P....period
r_singh_02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mig28 » Sun May 09, 2004 4:48 pm

r_singh_02 wrote:the whole Saints offense was not clicking last season....and look at the numbers he posted. what numbers do you think he will post if the offense plays well?
he can only get better.

Singh, you're the biggest homer on this site.

No offense intended, buddy.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk