Ricky and Deuce - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky and Deuce

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NittanyLions » Sun May 09, 2004 5:16 pm

r_singh_02 wrote:the whole Saints offense was not clicking last season....and look at the numbers he posted. what numbers do you think he will post if the offense plays well?
he can only get better.

*sigh*...Saints fans...

I'm not saying Deuce should be ranked behind Ricky, but I know some people who have him at 3, 4, and some 5. 3 and 4 REALLY bothers me. And FF is a lot about situational stuff, and you could go on and on about that. I think numbers 5-8 are very hard to rank, but I cant see how people have Deuce so high on that list. I agree Ricky gets the ball too much, but I think this year could be the year it is stopped, or atleast the year Ricky doesnt run into a wall and have to bounce out of it. If you look at it, if Ricky returned to his 2002 form vs. Deuce's 2002 form (which everyone is high on, but they have no more reason to think Deuce will go back than Ricky will), then Ricky will be the better back to have...

I am more freaked about the people who have him at 3 or 4, I personally AGREE with 6-8 for him, and though I dont believe in him at 5, I could see where youre coming from. So, for those who have him at those positions, please tell me what your reasoning is.

Oh, and btw, Deuce was #7 in RB scoring last year and Ricky was 9
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Sun May 09, 2004 5:54 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I don't understand why Deuce is being ranked top 5 either. Until his team really shows me something about playing football an entire season, I can't see Deuce as a top 5 guy.

i really dont see what his team has to do with it. if that factored into the equation then i think we'd all drop LT in our rankings about 15 spots.

Friendliness: %

Postby mig28 » Sun May 09, 2004 7:10 pm

Anonymous wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:I don't understand why Deuce is being ranked top 5 either. Until his team really shows me something about playing football an entire season, I can't see Deuce as a top 5 guy.

i really dont see what his team has to do with it. if that factored into the equation then i think we'd all drop LT in our rankings about 15 spots.

Dear Guest,
Situation has a good deal to do with FF; LT is the exception, not the rule.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Sun May 09, 2004 7:46 pm

mig28 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Dear Guest,
Situation has a good deal to do with FF; LT is the exception, not the rule.

Good teams (usually) score a lot. High scores = lots of TDs. Lots of TDs = your RB is probably getting a good amount of TDs. RB with lots of TDs = top 5 RB.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby r_singh » Sun May 09, 2004 9:15 pm

yea i might be giving deuce too much credit, but i believe he will post the TD numbers that he had in 02' with the yards he had in 03',with those numbers where would he rank...thats exactly what i have been trying to say.
r_singh

Friendliness: %

Postby CC » Sun May 09, 2004 9:32 pm

1650 and 16 TDs, thats damn near LT2 numbers. I'm a big Deuce fan but even I think that's a little bit high.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Ricky and Deuce

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sun May 09, 2004 11:30 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Now we all have Ricky behind Deuce from 1 to even 5 spots, never behind him.

"we all' and "never" only speak for yourself...Deuce is higher on my list then Ricky....
Last edited by Dazedncnfz on Sun May 09, 2004 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sun May 09, 2004 11:36 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
NittanyLions wrote:Now we all have Ricky behind Deuce from 1 to even 5 spots, never behind him.

"we all' and "never" only speak for yourself...Deuce is higher on my list then Ricky....

I would imagine that was what he was trying to say. If you notice his statement completely contradicts it self: "we all have Ricky behind Deuce, never behind him."

I'm assuming it was a typo and he meant to say "we all have Ricky behind Deuce, never in front of him." Which holds with your rankings, and 99% of the rankings out there.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sun May 09, 2004 11:40 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:

I would imagine that was what he was trying to say. If you notice his statement completely contradicts it self: "we all have Ricky behind Deuce, never behind him."

I'm assuming it was a typo and he meant to say "we all have Ricky behind Deuce, never in front of him." Which holds with your rankings, and 99% of the rankings out there.

I'm assuming he meant "we all have Ricky infront Deuce, never behind him.".....thinking he just wrote "behind" twice be accident....

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sun May 09, 2004 11:44 pm

Well he definitely said "behind" twice by accident. I think it makes more sense that the mistaken behind was the second one, so that it read "we all have Ricky behind Deuce, never in front of him," because, well, "we all", and just about every mock and ranking out there, has Ricky behind Deuce. It wouldn't make much sense to say "we all have Ricky in front of Deuce" when almost no one does...

Not to mention, he's already said in this very thread a few posts up:

NittanyLions wrote:
I'm not saying Deuce should be ranked behind Ricky
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk