Worst pick in the draft....#9 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worst pick in the draft....#9

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Shatner8 » Mon May 10, 2004 9:09 pm

You have to go with Edge here
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby r_singh_02 » Mon May 10, 2004 10:48 pm

i would lean towards takin edge, but takin the 8th pick now would mean u get the 25th pick, so u might wanna get a sure stud im MOss, and not take a risk in Edge being ur team. You may even able to get Henry, Barlow, or C-Mart (since he has the starting role rite?)
Ma Man Deuce McAllister = M.V.P....period
r_singh_02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jeru » Tue May 11, 2004 4:32 am

Depends on the scoring system also. If you get a point per reception, in a flex system, you may be better off loading up on high reception WRs. I'd consider taking Moss if that is your scoring system, because in that type of system, WRs tend to outscore RBs, especially below the top 10.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aussieboy » Tue May 11, 2004 4:43 am

Id take Moss and still get a decent RB in the second round.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mig28 » Tue May 11, 2004 7:27 am

I'll take a top tier WR or QB over a second-rate RB at that spot every day of the week.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue May 11, 2004 8:00 am

This is the first yr of your Dynasty league?

If thats the case, I would take a real long look at grabbing Moss in the first. Remember to place greater emphasis than usual on a players age and health history.

I know Id probably take Moss if I was in your situation.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wrestleannouncer » Fri May 14, 2004 6:06 pm

Edge is still a question mark... it's hard to say though not to take him.

I think I would take Moss in this case, considering the differences between Edge, Henry, Taylor, and throw a few other names in there as well... aren't nearly as much as the difference between a Moss or Harrison and a lower-five WR, you'll get another pick quickly and can take a strong RB there... it's tough, either way you'll probably be fine.

I'm the proponent for always taking a RB, but here I might balk on my own thoughts, because of Edge mixing nearly the same numbers as the four or five below him, ESPECIALLY with potential injury risks.
Wrestleannouncer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon May 17, 2004 9:03 am

16 team... 3RB's Flex.... I'd go with Edge. Reason, b/c it's a dynasty league. Moss will most likly be around longer (career wise) but he does have a bad foot problem that might not go away for awhile (career wise). Edge should play for at least 4 more years, he might not be with Indy after this year, but that might be a good thing if he can catch on with a solid team. RB's are few in FF and in a 16 team die-nasty league that has 3 RB's Flex it is slim pick-in's.

Is this the Jojo from the Blitz? If so register and drop me a message.
Last edited by NFLknowitall on Mon May 17, 2004 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby smackthefirst » Mon May 17, 2004 10:54 am

Id have to go with Edge. Its a close call between him and Moss, but I just feel you have to get at least one solid rb. And if you take Moss now, youre not gonna get too much for your number one back at pick 25.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby jkruppe » Mon May 17, 2004 2:00 pm

Good grief. Are you telling me that Edge will have a better career from this point on than Randy Moss? That's borderline insane... 8-o Edge doesn't belong in the first round this year. In your dynasty league, you'll never have to pick another productive WR again.
And, at pick #25 this year, you'll still get a very good RB...take Moss in the first.
Rome did not build a great empire by having meetings. They did it by killing everyone in their path.

http://www.fantasysportsacademy.com
jkruppe
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk