Worst pick in the draft....#9 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worst pick in the draft....#9

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NittanyLions » Mon May 17, 2004 2:16 pm

jkruppe wrote:And, at pick #25 this year, you'll still get a very good RB

Well, not really for your #1 guy....
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pmac_03 » Mon May 17, 2004 3:00 pm

man, everyone saying the same thing. i would def take moss, im not high on edge at all, and depending on the scoring, moss is one of those WR that scores like a runningback in fantasy. i really dont like edge, so thats why i would have no questions about taking the number 1 WR, pick up someone decent on the way back, its getting an average rb, of the best (arguable) fantasy wr. no brainer to me. again im saying this with a slight bias look on edge, though i dont see why hes so special.
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby pmac_03 » Mon May 17, 2004 3:02 pm

jkruppe wrote:Good grief. Are you telling me that Edge will have a better career from this point on than Randy Moss? That's borderline insane... 8-o Edge doesn't belong in the first round this year. In your dynasty league, you'll never have to pick another productive WR again.
And, at pick #25 this year, you'll still get a very good RB...take Moss in the first.

i just read this now, and i agree totally. Accept, you will get a very weak rb, but you could also get a rb that can bloom into greatness if you have the ops.
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon May 17, 2004 3:04 pm

I'm not an Edge fan, but I'm certainly not an Edge-hater...dude's got mad skill. That having been said, though, I'd definitely take Moss over Edge.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon May 17, 2004 3:34 pm

because its a dynasty, you have to go with Moss, but you better get a quarterback who runs alot b/c your gonna have some 2nd tier RBs. If you can get Vick or Culpepper with your 2nd pick, you run a risk of some weak RBs, but those 2 are like QB/RB Siamese twin. You'll have to rely on some sleeper RBs or ones not as good, but Moss will have you set at WR for a while.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Mon May 17, 2004 5:16 pm

I'm fairly high on Edge and I would consider taking him at the #9 spot, but you can't really argue with taking Moss there either because he is easily the best fantasy WR.

BTW Edge isn't the best back in the league, but he definetly isn't "average" either.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk