Torry Holt = Over-Rated? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Torry Holt = Over-Rated?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed May 12, 2004 3:04 pm

By come at a cheaper price I mean that Holt will go early 2nd while TO and Chad will go late second/early 3rd and Hines will go mid 3rd.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu May 13, 2004 8:45 am

Personally I think that Holt is not over-rated but under-rated. Other than Moss, I think that he is the best receiver in both FF and the real show. Martz will always be a passing minded coach, Bulger clearly looks to him as his #1, and both Bruce and Faulk are seeing their TD production go down. All ingredients that spell big things for Holt in FF and the real deal. I just think that he is a very talented receiver that works hard and has just begun to tap his talent. One other thing not mentioned, I think that the RAms defense is going south, therefore the Rams will be behind in many games early which means even more passing by them. Big numbers for Holt again.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby IDF » Thu May 13, 2004 9:09 am

Carolina Culpepper wrote:Personally I think that Holt is not over-rated but under-rated. Other than Moss, I think that he is the best receiver in both FF and the real show. Martz will always be a passing minded coach, Bulger clearly looks to him as his #1, and both Bruce and Faulk are seeing their TD production go down. All ingredients that spell big things for Holt in FF and the real deal. I just think that he is a very talented receiver that works hard and has just begun to tap his talent. One other thing not mentioned, I think that the RAms defense is going south, therefore the Rams will be behind in many games early which means even more passing by them. Big numbers for Holt again.

i STRONGLY disagree Carolina Culpepper, 1 look at the statistics man, he has looked more streaky than the stock market. He is awesome one year then stinks the next, it is an all to familier trend that will continue. Also look at Harrison's stats in all the years he and Holt were in the league Harrison's are better in all categories.

My rankings:

1 MOSS (of course only a foul would place him somewhere else)
2 Harrison
3 this is always fluctuating but CHAd Johnson
IDF
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Thu May 13, 2004 9:24 am

Shoo...yall don't even know what you're talking about...heres the real, definitive WR top 5:

1.) Bill Shroeder
2.) Tim Dwight
3.) Ed McCaffrey
4.) Brian Finneran
5.) Warren Sapp
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu May 13, 2004 10:11 am

I must admit I forgot about Sapp. Definately #1, great hands, and an even better body! And absolutely the best touchdown dance, er hop, in the league!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Thu May 13, 2004 10:16 am

Carolina Culpepper wrote:I must admit I forgot about Sapp. Definately #1, great hands, and an even better body! And absolutely the best touchdown dance, er hop, in the league!

You bet yer ass it is...

haha

:-)
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Thu May 13, 2004 6:52 pm

IDF wrote:He is awesome one year then stinks the next,

Holt has had over 1300 yrds ever yr after his rookie yr so where do you get this........hes great one yr then STINKS the next??
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Thu May 13, 2004 7:23 pm

He stinks fantasy-wise, in some years. 6, 7, and 4 TDs the 3 years prior to this one.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk