too many RBs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

too many RBs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:30 am

Manning at #4 is dumb.

Vick at #5 is even dumber.

Hasselbeck at #8 is monumentally stupid.

Coles at #13 wreaks of jack-ass-ed-ness.

Bulger at #19 is moronic.

Favre at #20 is nuts.

T. Green at #24 is almost as nuts.

Brady at #31 is crappy.

Brooks at #32 is crappier.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flock of seagulls » Tue May 11, 2004 9:32 am

thats why i keep drafting rb's.

theres still like 3 or 4 teams with only one rb in the 7th round.
flock of seagulls
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby aussieboy » Tue May 11, 2004 9:36 am

That is one strange ass draft. Im stunned by some of the picks.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby flock of seagulls » Tue May 11, 2004 9:38 am

my thoughts exactly
flock of seagulls
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue May 11, 2004 9:46 am

aussieboy wrote:That is one strange ass draft. Im stunned by some of the picks.

I think it may be safe to say that some of the people in this draft don't use the Cafe and have no idea how to draft smartly...Blackjack has a basic strategy; so does fantasy football (unless you're dealing with some funky scoring scenario). The one posted isn't extra-favorable to QB's, so RB's should still go first. A good RB is going probably score between 6 - 15 points a game, and a good QB is going to get between 4 - 12 points a game unless they throw for 300 yards, throw no picks, and get a few rushing TD's a game.

I think you're in good shape there; to pun your nickname, I think there will be many owners "running so far away" from you this year it won't be funny... ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Tue May 11, 2004 10:36 am

That scoring system is going to result in some VERY low scoring games. I say after this round you just take the best player available so other teams won't have a chance to grab them. You do need to get another WR ASAP though.

You already have a very good squad and soon enough some of these teams are going to be knocking at your door for trades, b/c they screwed up in the draft. Just hold tight, get another WR, and then go for the best player available.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue May 11, 2004 10:47 am

Anonymous wrote:other than the obvious bad picks team 13 IMO there arent that many BAD picks, maybe a few reaches though.

No, there are some momumentually bad picks in there.

Hasselback: 6 spots before Alexander, in the first round no less. Bulger: Good god, he can barely keep his TD/INT ratio at 1:1.
Brady: I love him as a backup, but this choice makes Brooks after him look almost reasonable.

I knewthis draft was horrible when I was debating if r. williams stood for Roy or Reggie ;-)
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Tue May 11, 2004 5:15 pm

Man, I know a lot of people are giving you a hard time, and I guess if it's a bunch of newbies I understand. But this draft was so bad it hurt my feelings, you guys should scrap this draft study up and have it again in a few months.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flock of seagulls » Tue May 11, 2004 6:51 pm

the bad part is the guy running this league called this one of the toughest leagues around. some guys i work with started it up and supposedly they're all "fantasy football guru's", but i might have to dissagree.

and as for scrapping and starting all over, id rather just win this year and maybe start again next year.
flock of seagulls
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MrTwo94 » Wed May 12, 2004 1:18 pm

Holy $#!&

Did you get wood or start to salivate as you saw the first round going by? You'd have a hard time getting the players you got in an 8 person league, much less a 16 person league. Sounds like you've got this one in the bag. Just draft all the rest of the starting running backs don't even worry about WR's. Someone will have to trade you Moss for Fred Taylor they'll be so desparate for RB's (slight exaggeration).
MrTwo94

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk