Who will you avoid in '04? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will you avoid in '04?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Tue May 11, 2004 9:46 pm

I can think of players from any team I wouldn't mind having if the circumstances were approriate. Off the top of my head, I would probably like to avoid Tampa Bay and Oakland - however, if I could land Tyrone Wheatley/Justin Fargas as a #4 RB or Jerry Porter as a backup WR, I wouldn't mind too much. I also have Joey Galloway on my sleeper WR list. Even Chicago with Marty Booker... There are plenty of teams with only one player I would want - as for none, I can't think of any.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Tue May 11, 2004 9:48 pm

MCG321 wrote:Honestly, there's probably one player on at least every team that I would take.

I'd take Barlow from the Niners, Winslow Jr. and possibly Suggs from the Browns, Porter on the Raiders, Booker on the Bears. Granted, I wouldn't take most of them early, but there's always one player that I won't rule out.

Ergh, you beat me to it. My post above is pretty much exactly the same, only not worded as eloquently as MCG's most beautiful post. :-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby MCG321 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:56 pm

Canacuna wrote:
MCG321 wrote:Honestly, there's probably one player on at least every team that I would take.

I'd take Barlow from the Niners, Winslow Jr. and possibly Suggs from the Browns, Porter on the Raiders, Booker on the Bears. Granted, I wouldn't take most of them early, but there's always one player that I won't rule out.

Ergh, you beat me to it. My post above is pretty much exactly the same, only not worded as eloquently as MCG's most beautiful post. :-D

Great minds think alike...but the greater ones think a bit faster. :-D
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Poobah » Tue May 11, 2004 10:03 pm

MCG321 wrote:Great minds think alike...but the greater ones think a bit faster.
:-D

Huh, someone mention me, what?

Oh, the question. You can't say never. MCG321 had the right idea. Some players are overrated, some are underrated. Get value. I am not really happy with the Cleveland WR right now, let's say, but if I'm sitting in the 14th-15th round, and someone like a Quincy Morgan was sitting there, I'd draft him. Canadian Cheesehead doesn't like the Bucs, but he might take Brad Johnson in the late rounds if there was a run on backup QB, or if the defense somehow made it to the last round, something like that. Not to say I'm looking for too many Cowboys, even as a Cowboys fan, but I'd take them at the right time.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby CC » Tue May 11, 2004 10:08 pm

Poobah wrote:

Oh, the question. You can't say never. MCG321 had the right idea. Some players are overrated, some are underrated. Get value. I am not really happy with the Cleveland WR right now, let's say, but if I'm sitting in the 14th-15th round, and someone like a Quincy Morgan was sitting there, I'd draft him. Canadian Cheesehead doesn't like the Bucs, but he might take Brad Johnson in the late rounds if there was a run on backup QB, or if the defense somehow made it to the last round, something like that. Not to say I'm looking for too many Cowboys, even as a Cowboys fan, but I'd take them at the right time.

No man, Brad Johnson is wack. :-?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Tue May 11, 2004 10:42 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Poobah wrote:

No man, Brad Johnson is wack. :-?

Garner may make a nice #4 RB if you can get him late.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue May 11, 2004 11:05 pm

terpfan wrote:there is not one draftable player on the chargers not named ladanian tomlinson...

I drafted Antonio Gates in the 14th round of our mock draft...he showed us a few good games last year!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Tue May 11, 2004 11:19 pm

The Ravens are pretty weak other than Jam and their D.... I guess the additon of Kevin Johnson may make another prospect...but they certainly are on the low end.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Tue May 11, 2004 11:25 pm

I think staying away from te giants isnt a bad idea uless they pickup warner.......and i also herd ron dyne might takeover as the statrer or the old thuner and lighting might be back
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MCG321 » Tue May 11, 2004 11:28 pm

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings wrote:I think staying away from te giants isnt a bad idea uless they pickup warner.......and i also herd ron dyne might takeover as the statrer or the old thuner and lighting might be back

I'll happily draft Shockey, thank you very much.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk