Who will you avoid in '04? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will you avoid in '04?

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm avoiding Bengals at all costs

Postby The Lung » Wed May 12, 2004 3:08 pm

Looking at SOS analyses, the Bengals have the toughest schedule against the run this season. They also have the toughest schedule against the pass this season, and they are replacing Kitna with a might-as-well-be-a-rookie QB. I'm avoiding the Bengals at all costs.

Which still means, that if by chance Chad or Rudi Johnson are available in the 4th round, I'm still gonna pick them. ;-)
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Wed May 12, 2004 4:28 pm

Anyone in a 49er uniform unless Barlow slips to the 4th round. Probably anyone in Oakland or Cleveland. I'm also downgrading Owens since he moved to a new team. Eddie George, but that almost goes without saying. All rookie WRs.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tiki » Wed May 12, 2004 4:50 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Bears, yes; Raiders, probably; Niners other than Barlow, yeah...

What about the Cowboys (other than maybe Julius Jones)?

Bears are looking up i disagree
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby converge241 » Wed May 12, 2004 5:05 pm

no team should ever be ignored IMO

some of the best fanatsy production comes from grabage yards and scores from poor teams who are getting blown out (at least at qb and wr)
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Wed May 12, 2004 6:17 pm

Case and point, Anquan Boldin (sorry I'm harping on this)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed May 12, 2004 6:17 pm

Case and point, Anquan Boldin (sorry I'm harping on this)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Wed May 12, 2004 9:44 pm

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings wrote:Shockey is a top 5 TE but all im saying is that hes overrated..he doesnt find the endzone

So you're basically saying you wouldn't draft a top 5 TE? Heh, if your top 4 are all gone, are you just gonna go right to #6? Yet instead, you'd consider Kurt Warner if the Giants get him?
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu May 13, 2004 9:25 am

To answer a question on a previous page, i think i would rather have Gonzo, Heap, Winslow, Sharpe, then Shockey would be how i rated them. Sharpe and Shockey both have pros and cons (880 yrs old vs. 2 tds each year) so they could be interchangeable as far as I am concerned. That said I have one of the top 3 so I don't need to worry about this sitch much.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Thu May 13, 2004 8:51 pm

aussieboy wrote:Koren Robinson and David Boston..... i will flat out not draft them this year. Sure they could have decent years but I still have pyschological scars from owning them last year.

That could be a big mistake. KRob is on a pass happy offence is young, fast, and only getting better. Boston's talent alone gives him consideration. How he'll compete for balls with Chambers remains to be seen.

I know what you mean about scars. I had Boston, but the very fact he could produce the monster game always kept me interested in him. Amazingly, I think I would still like to have him on my team this year because of the enourmous potential he has.

Same with KRob in that explosive offence on the west coast there.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Thu May 13, 2004 9:58 pm

fantasizing wrote:
aussieboy wrote:Koren Robinson and David Boston..... i will flat out not draft them this year. Sure they could have decent years but I still have pyschological scars from owning them last year.

That could be a big mistake. KRob is on a pass happy offence is young, fast, and only getting better. Boston's talent alone gives him consideration. How he'll compete for balls with Chambers remains to be seen.

I know what you mean about scars. I had Boston, but the very fact he could produce the monster game always kept me interested in him. Amazingly, I think I would still like to have him on my team this year because of the enourmous potential he has.

Same with KRob in that explosive offence on the west coast there.

It's funny what expectations will do to your perception of reality. Boston finished #18 overall for WRs and K-Rob #25.

That means Boston was a solid #2 and K-Rob a top #3 in 12 team leagues last season. Considering Boston probably was drafted on average as a 12-15 WR, that's not a total loss really. K-Rob was more of a bigger disappointment, but still was salvagable. Much more than say.. Quincy Morgon or Travis Taylor.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk