OUTRAGED - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

OUTRAGED

Moderator: Football Moderators

OUTRAGED

Postby NittanyLions » Tue May 11, 2004 7:35 pm

So all of a sudden ESPN isnt giving their cheat sheets to everyoneyou have to be an insider or FF player :-# aka they want money for it. I just use it for a quick reference. Now I guess ill find somewhere else, anywhere that has good cheat sheets?

grrr
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Tue May 11, 2004 7:58 pm

it seems like more and more these places are triing to make a buck off of fantasy footballers. it's gettin rediculous. i dunno where you can get cheat sheets,sorry, i make my own.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby mig28 » Tue May 11, 2004 8:07 pm

That blows. I'm with Pete, though. I'd rather win or lose based totally on my own rankings, so I generate my own sheets. I'd be happy to give you a breakdown of my system...PM if you're interested.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MeShawn » Tue May 11, 2004 8:11 pm

Wow, not cool. Not that their cheet sheets were very impressive, but at least they were decent. Are there any cheet sheets on the cafe besides the top 10 for each position? Maybe it's time to get some consensus cheet sheets.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mig28 » Tue May 11, 2004 8:13 pm

MeShawn wrote:Wow, not cool. Not that their cheet sheets were very impressive, but at least they were decent. Are there any cheet sheets on the cafe besides the top 10 for each position? Maybe it's time to get some consensus cheet sheets.

I believe King Ghidra has something similar going on right now.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pete123444 » Tue May 11, 2004 8:16 pm

king ghidra(or something like that) did some that looked pretty decent. he did rb's, qb's and wr's. top 30 or so. he had several of the cafe's regulars send him their sheets and he combined em all and got an average. ill bump em up.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Tue May 11, 2004 8:20 pm

I guess ill stop being lazy and make my own, I never actually picked by them, I just use them as resources when its my pick, but this makes me mad, I guess I'll use sportsline as my reference :-P
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mig28 » Tue May 11, 2004 8:30 pm

NittanyLions wrote:I guess ill stop being lazy and make my own, I never actually picked by them, I just use them as resources when its my pick, but this makes me mad, I guess I'll use sportsline as my reference :-P

Go for it, Nittany. I can tell you without hesitation that a thorough set of rankings that YOU come up with is the ultimate confidence booster during a live draft. You won't be correct 100% of the time, but you'll have your own solid reasoning for the choices you make. Remember, and this goes for everyone here; as long as you know the kind of numbers a player regularly produces AND you understand the player's "disposition", your opinion is just as valid as that of an "expert".
Last edited by mig28 on Tue May 11, 2004 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TTTBone » Tue May 11, 2004 8:36 pm

AllSortsSports is a relatively unknown and decent resource for news, mocks, cheats, etc. They're better (and more up to date) during the regular season, with good cheat-sheets and up to the minute news. Still worth checking out in the off-season, and bookmarking for the upcoming season. ;-D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Flux » Tue May 11, 2004 8:45 pm

Im on a different computer than i usually am, but I can paste it in here at some point. Sucks that they made it pay only.

I'm glad that this site has remained true to the FF player ;-D
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk