More McKenzie News... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

More McKenzie News...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed May 12, 2004 3:27 pm

Hawthorne could also easily claim the job as he is more experienced than either of the rooks.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mig28 » Wed May 12, 2004 3:30 pm

Are we saying that with Favre & company, we could expect to see the return of Plaxico Burress '02, and NOT Plexiglass Bareass '03 ?
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Wed May 12, 2004 3:39 pm

...of 2002? Man this will be Plax 2004, a 1500 12 TD receiving machine. 8-o Or he could stay in Pittsburgh and continue to hurt my dynasty team.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Wed May 12, 2004 3:41 pm

You never know...remember how monumental the acquisition of She was going to be? Or how much of a difference Wesley Walls was supposed to make? Now, mind you - I know that Walls' blocking expertise is invaluable, but I'm talking about catches, yardage, and touchdowns. So you never know - Plax could be another Terry Glenn-type Packer acquisition, or he could be another Andre Rison-type Packer acquisition. I know that he would contribute in a big way, but I doubt he could contribute enough to make up for the detriment of losing Mike McKenzie, who has, with the exception of Darren Sharper and Nick Barnett, been the only player to consistently perform well for the Packers' D. I hope he stays - because I'd rather see Ferguson, Walker and Driver consistently perform to their ability simultaneously - and that's not to mention how good Carl Ford is going to be some day. Sure, the Pack would love to have Plax, but I'd take the crybaby back if he comes a-crawlin.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Wed May 12, 2004 3:43 pm

TheBigBakedBean wrote:You never know...remember how monumental the acquisition of She was going to be? Or how much of a difference Wesley Walls was supposed to make? Now, mind you - I know that Walls' blocking expertise is invaluable, but I'm talking about catches, yardage, and touchdowns. So you never know - Plax could be another Terry Glenn-type Packer acquisition, or he could be another Andre Rison-type Packer acquisition. I know that he would contribute in a big way, but I doubt he could contribute enough to make up for the detriment of losing Mike McKenzie, who has, with the exception of Darren Sharper and Nick Barnett, been the only player to consistently perform well for the Packers' D. I hope he stays - because I'd rather see Ferguson, Walker and Driver consistently perform to their ability simultaneously - and that's not to mention how good Carl Ford is going to be some day. Sure, the Pack would love to have Plax, but I'd take the crybaby back if he comes a-crawlin.

So would I, I just figure he's getting close to being a lost cause.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Wed May 12, 2004 4:04 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:So would I, I just figure he's getting close to being a lost cause.

I think that everything is just now beginning to get interesting - because as the article you posted says, he's got no leverage in this situation. Unless some team comes and offers him crazy amounts of money (which won't happen as I'm guessing some teams are going to be hoping he gets cut on June 1) and offers the Packers a lot in return, then that'd be splendid for both sides - but I don't see it happening. I bet he comes crawling back and loses the starting spot (but plays just about every Nickel and Dime down) for the first few games, then earns his spot back. I just know that the Pack are going to want to get everything they can for him, claiming he's a top-5 corner (I'd agree with top-20, but not top-5), and trade negotiations will probably suffer because of it. He'll realize eventually that he's really effed this one up - and that's why I suspect he'll be coming back. Though the Steelers could use him, I can't imagine they would want to give up Plax for him.

I know I'm going to get roasted for this one, but I'd rather see them snag Randel-El and a few top draft picks than Burress anyway.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk