What Players Will You Be Avoiding? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What Players Will You Be Avoiding?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed May 12, 2004 2:46 pm

Holt, Stephen Davis, Boldin, Dom Davis and to a certain degree Jamal Lewis, I'm not going to leave him on the board past 8, but no way he puts up those kinds of numbers again. Prior to last year, 1400 and 7 were Jamal Lewis numbers, and he had the easiest schedule vs. the run last year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Wed May 12, 2004 2:57 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Any receiver in Seattle and any RB in Denver.

I hope I am in a league with you, because I plan just the opposite. With the softest run schedule in the league, I'll be grabbing two or three Denver backs at the end of the draft and waiting for one of them to become the primary guy.

Seattle finishes its season @ Minnesota, @ the Jets, at home versus Arizona and at home versus Atlanta. They also play what will likely be a woeful 49ers team this year, twice. Sorry, give me DJax or Koren Robinson any day.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Guest » Wed May 12, 2004 2:59 pm

Avoid as in I don't want them where they normally get drafted: Faulk, Holmes, Rudi Johnson, Tiki Barber, Corey Dillon, Steve McNair.

Friendliness: %

Postby converge241 » Wed May 12, 2004 5:11 pm

domanick davis = too undersized for me to put my trust in him

clinton portis = will be overpriced in my auction leage and go too early in the regualr draft league..he will have a decline in production

any wr in new england= cause it's always the wrong one

Terrell Owens= another overpriced guy who will have his numbers drop (but makes mcnabb more vauable)

Anquan Boldin = becuase either bryant johnson or fitz will benefit from defenses being all over him this year
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deftdelivery » Wed May 12, 2004 6:02 pm

Unfortunately, I'll be avoiding most players on the Panthers offense because we just didn't gain any new threats. Teams will have us figured out...we're a ball control offense. Davis will show signs of age, and our only hope for some lightning strikes will be in the hands of Foster. Don't get me wrong, Steve Smith and Delhomme are capable of hooking up, but other than draft pick (Keary Colbert), we just didn't add many weapons on offense. I predict a decline in #'s as teams will have us "figured out."
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canacuna » Wed May 12, 2004 6:36 pm

kashikis wrote:Oh well the discussion is back on and Sorry 'Cuna

Canacuna hasn't the slightest idea as to what you are talking about, but whatever. You're forgiven and whatnot, I 'spose. :-D

Anyway, Canacuna will be avoiding Tiki Barber unless he falls and I can pick him up as a backup RB.

Canacuna will also make a good effort at avoiding Charlie Garner. He might get enough receptions and receiving yards to be semi-worthwhile, but he'll be lucky to have more than two or three TDs, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Play Maker » Wed May 12, 2004 10:05 pm

I be avoiding Boldin, Tiki Barber, Rich Gannon, Charlie Garner, Stephen Davis, Steve Smith.

The Seahawks got a passing and running game, defense adjust so much to Shaun they can pass essentialy, and the schedule looks like pre k test.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Wed May 12, 2004 10:13 pm

I wil be staying away from Faulk he goes to high IMO he last to say 4th round ill take him but he usually gone by the 2nd and thats 2 high for me
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Wed May 12, 2004 11:56 pm

Owens... I hate the guy that much. Barlow to a degree. There has to be a reason he couldn't take Hearst's job. And all RBBC situations.

Hey Cancuna.. an explanation for the apology. This thread was locked earlier today. The mod unlocked it.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Davis

Postby hwkyetkd11 » Thu May 13, 2004 1:13 am

I almost forgot Stephen Davis. He has killed me too many times with his 99 yard games and 98 yard games!!!!! A;lso his nagging injuries drive me nuts. Also Ill stay away from Shockey! Watched himd rop too many in the end zone to be an early 4th, 5th round pick. Plus he is just dumb, lik ehow he reinjure dhis knee last year. of cours eit had to be on the same week of a Thursday night game!
hwkyetkd11
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk