Could somebody please explain this to me? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Could somebody please explain this to me?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed May 12, 2004 3:00 pm

I think everyone hates Moss because they're jealous... is that what you wanted to hear Zimm? :-)

Really, I don't think you can just forget about past discrepancies, the thing about causing trouble is that people never forget the bad things only the good. It's comparable to a quote a good friend of mine once stated: Man builds a 1000 bridges, sucks one cock. He's known as a c$$#sucker.

PS (Sorry to the Mods. If you feel this is profane, you can delete it.)

*no need to delete...edit yes...DNC
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed May 12, 2004 10:00 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I think everyone hates Moss because they're jealous... is that what you wanted to hear Zimm? :-)

Really, I don't think you can just forget about past discrepancies, the thing about causing trouble is that people never forget the bad things only the good. It's comparable to a quote a good friend of mine once stated: Man builds a 1000 bridges, sucks one cock. He's known as a c$$#sucker.

PS (Sorry to the Mods. If you feel this is profane, you can delete it.)
I suppose that's what I wanna hear if that's what it is, but I'm not tryin to up Moss or just say he's the best once again. I really would like to know why people say he doesn't try. I think my argument was pretty good. B-)

And I get your point, but may I remind you guys Of Cris Carter's early years? Nobody remembered him as that.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Wed May 12, 2004 10:04 pm

I know what you're saying, Moss plays hard damn near every play, and everyone has a play where they slack off. The only instance I can think of when Moss was playing hard was when he got muscled by Charles Tillman.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Play Maker » Wed May 12, 2004 10:23 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I know what you're saying, Moss plays hard damn near every play, and everyone has a play where they slack off. The only instance I can think of when Moss was playing hard was when he got muscled by Charles Tillman.

Have you ever went to watch a game when Minnesota is playing someone Zimm, it sure dosen't seem like it. Maybe if you go to a game or two then you see why people say that Moss dosen't as hard as he could. I mean yes theres are a couple of times he does go all out and theres others Ive seen where he jus jogged 1-2 yards n stopped to watch wats going on. And about the Jamal Lewis with the drugs that was back in 1997 or close around there and there barley catching up with that, yeah right can you say they trying to bring him down for being a top 5 rb. Even though blocks arent in the box score they help your team more, as the player may go that way, and guess what Moss isnt block cause what? hes not getting the ball so he dosent have to and its not in the box score. Your job as wr is to block, run your routines and catch, if you dont one of the three, that means your letting down on the field and a player doesnt get that extra yard he needs. T.O is himself, and I would of done the same thing when he found out he got traded to Balimore when his agent,himself and Philly already worked out contract and trade, then goes S.F. trades him the next day for a 2nd round pick. End with that I don't care how well Moss performs he never be a great wr to me, just a crack head in pads.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Wed May 12, 2004 10:34 pm

M_Zimm wrote: I really would like to know why people say he doesn't try.

Maybe it had something to do with the interviews Moss did where he said he wasn't trying.

I remember one in particular where he had had a string of bad games followed by a huge game, and they asked him about and he said something to the effect of how he could dominate any game when he "feels like it," and that he just didn't care and wasn't trying in the previous games.

Personally, I don't think it was that he wasn't trying, I think it's that his ego was so freaking huge that he would rather say he didn't care and wasn't trying and come off as a craptard than admit he had actually been shut down in a game.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby aussieboy » Wed May 12, 2004 10:56 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Whoa, I'm a little dizzy after that! !+)

I basically meant he's an exception to the rule because he doesn't do those things. That's why I said at the end that others should emulate his style of play instead of waving to the camera! :-)

The Theory of Evolution takes into account exceptions to the rule. These are accounted for by genetic mutations.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SinCity » Wed May 12, 2004 11:13 pm

Here's why I'm not a Moss fan. (not a Moss hater)
He takes plays off and it's pointed out lot on TV. Is a bad sport... water thing. Gets in trouble off the field, the meter maid thing. He's a Viking.

The last two reason are very very small.

I like to see dedication in the past as well as the future from a player. He just seem so immature (water thing) and it just feels like he's trying to get by with his talent in the past.

He's a supurb talent, I just don't want him on my team. (right now) People can change (Cris Carter), I know that and willing and wanted to like him more.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Wed May 12, 2004 11:20 pm

Look, it's SinCity. Long time no see. ;-)

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Thu May 13, 2004 1:40 am

Well as a hater of the waster of talent, Candy Moss, I too am confused. Is this the last proping up of Moss of '03, or the first of '04?
Zimm you only have to go back to the Bear game last year to see a game where Candy decided to take some plays off. Those plays just happen to cost the Vikes the game, which cost them a play-off berth. You also forgot to log into the ancient history of Moss files his pouting in a play-off game because they didn't want his posse on the sidelines.
I hope you take this with the good humor that I intend it with, Zimm, and realize that Candy is my top rated WR. I also expect an objective report on his foot injury from training camp before the real drafts begin.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby aussieboy » Thu May 13, 2004 2:08 am

I also expect an objective report on his foot injury from training camp before the real drafts begin.

Speaking of which, the following are exerpts clipped from the Star Tribune:

Seemingly impenetrable during his first six NFL seasons, the Vikings receiver spent three idle months this winter hoping the plantar fasciitis in his left foot would heal. Disappointed with the results, Moss forcibly exorcised the injury demons Friday and served notice he will now deal with them on his terms. "I don't care if I'm 85 percent, if I'm 100 percent, 50 percent or whatever percentage I am," Moss said as the Vikings' three-day minicamp opened at Winter Park. "I'm still going to play.

"It doesn't matter who we play. The Dallas Cowboys? Hell, I'm playing. There is no question mark about it. People are asking, 'Is he already on the injury list for Week 1?' Hell no. I'm coming to play. And that's it." With those demons dispatched, the most critical topic Friday was how Moss' foot would react to its most rigorous football activity since the end of last season. Moss sat out part of the Vikings' less active three-day development camp this week at Tice's behest, but he participated in all individual and team drills Friday.

Wearing custom-made orthotics in both shoes, Moss did not run at top speed but managed to hide outward signs of the condition.

"Even though he's a little injured," said quarterback Daunte Culpepper, "he's a good enough athlete to make it look like he's not really that hurt. He's still smooth as ever. He might not have his fastest step right now because of the foot injury, but . . . I'm pretty sure he'll be ready when we go to training camp."

As he put it Friday: "I sat my fat butt on the couch and picked up weight." Moss, in fact, gained 15 pounds of muscle while adhering to doctors' orders. He said he plans to play this season between 215 and 220 pounds after being listed at 200 pounds last season.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk