Warner to Motown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Warner to Motown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Warner to Motown?

Postby BESMIRCHED » Wed May 12, 2004 12:05 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2393132

Rams quarterback Kurt Warner's best opportunity at immediate playing time might be the New York Giants, but what about the Detroit Lions? Warner, whose deliveries might be better suited to a dome environment, might have an opportunity in Detroit, where some of the Lions have doubts about Joey Harrington.

Joey Harrington has fallen out of favor with some Lions.
The Lions have been talking about dealing backup quarterback Mike McMahon. The division-rival Bears have been the latest team to show some interest in McMahon, and if he is traded the Lions would have room for Warner. It rarely makes sense for a team to have two young quarterbacks, especially when the backup has less experience than the starter.

The dilemma facing Warner is that he is no longer in the driver's seat. Why would any team want to drop big money on him when some Rams insiders believe his right thumb will never be totally right? In fact, Warner's thumb is probably worse off than Brett Favre's, and the Packers' quarterback is stuck with a crooked one.

Warner makes sense with the Giants, a team destined to play Eli Manning some time this season. But why rush Manning into what could be a negative experience? Warner is a two-time MVP, deserving of a second chance at starting. With Marc Bulger signed to a long-term contract in St. Louis, it makes sense that the Rams will simply release Warner in June. In the last 18 months, Warner has collected over $12.5 million from the Rams for basically one start in 2003.

Warner gets the starting job in detroit...throwing bombs down the field to rogers and williams...and the ground game with jones...WOW
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed May 12, 2004 12:09 pm

In the last 18 months, Warner has collected over $12.5 million from the Rams for basically one start in 2003.

bastard!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SinCity » Wed May 12, 2004 1:00 pm

Well, he's in NY taking a physical right now for the giants. hmmm.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Wed May 12, 2004 1:05 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
In the last 18 months, Warner has collected over $12.5 million from the Rams for basically one start in 2003.

bastard!

Lucky Bastard!

I have heard no talk of Mrs Warner's hubby coming to Detroit. They are willing to go with Joey and don't really want to challenge(threaten) Joey, as evidence by the signing of McMahon to back him up.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Flux » Wed May 12, 2004 1:31 pm

Im pretty sure that he would come in as a backup to Joey.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed May 12, 2004 1:47 pm

As a fan - I dont want to see Warner or his wife anywhere near Ford Field.

And what grumblings from the Lions about Joey? Who's grumbling? An example would be nice rather than making an unsubstantiated blanket statement like John Czarnecki (who???) has done. I love the Joey picture in the article with the caption: Joey Harrington has fallen out of favor with some Lions.

This is the same guy who wrote 2 weeks ago that he thought Kerry Collins should go to the Lions. Anyone but Joey, huh Czar?

Once again - how do you expect a 2nd yr QB with the worst running game and WRs in the NFL to do? Why dont we give him some weapons before deciding the gladiator cant fight - just an idea.

Honestly - this sort of muckraking reporting drivell really steams my clams. And hes the one who supplies the info for Fox news, huh? Now I know why I turn to JB, Terry, Howie, and Jimmy for a laugh and the other shows for the analysis.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Wed May 12, 2004 2:54 pm

Joey Harrington hasn't really shown me anything to prove that he wasn't a Tim Couch-like pick.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Wed May 12, 2004 3:09 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:A

Honestly - this sort of muckraking reporting drivell really steams my clams. And hes the one who supplies the info for Fox news, huh? Now I know why I turn to JB, Terry, Howie, and Jimmy for a laugh and the other shows for the analysis.

Bobby Knight summed it up best about writers:
"All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things. "
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu May 13, 2004 8:35 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Joey Harrington hasn't really shown me anything to prove that he wasn't a Tim Couch-like pick.

I repeat - how do you expect a 2nd yr QB with the worst running game and WRs in the NFL to do?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Thu May 13, 2004 9:07 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Joey Harrington hasn't really shown me anything to prove that he wasn't a Tim Couch-like pick.

ouch. hehehe :-b
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Next

Return to Football Talk