Cafe Auction Dynasty League? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Cafe Auction Dynasty League?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cafe Auction Dynasty League?

Postby The Great Gambini » Thu May 13, 2004 9:03 pm

An auction dynasty league seems like it would be fun, and would be original (I believe) for the Cafe...I'd be interested if one forms. Wondering who has experience in this and could maybe do a little explaining in the setup of such a league. I'd hope for 10 to 12 teams, if we can get some interest.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Fri May 14, 2004 6:22 am

I would be very interested. I'm sure there is enough interest to get at least 12 teams. I've done many auctions before, but never on a message board. I'm not really sure how it would work. We could host the draft on a different site (xpertleagues, myfantasyleague). It could be a free mock @ xpertleagues, and a free trial @ myfantasyleague. BTW, I would only be interested if it was free.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Fri May 14, 2004 9:00 am

I would be very interested in participating. I once participated in a mock draft that was actually held on an IRC channel (a summary of players taken/available was furnished after any selection was made - which was annoying), so anything like this is a feasibility.

Also - and this is an on-the-fly brainstorm, so don't laugh at me - you could possibly set up an FTP server, with folders for each of the positions. Then you could have a txt file for each player. It would require someone uninvolved to kind of moderate (granting the various IPs access rights when it is their turn), but it could work. Give only one IP addy access at a time and only allow them to transfer one file and then get bumped to the end of the line. Make sure the file they pick is removed when they 'pick' it and not just copied. Each IP would have a timed amount of access when it is their 'turn' and you'd be able to track everything they were doing in your server to prevent foul play. The only problem this poses is figuring out when to flip-flop the order of the picks (i.e. new round) and of course creating all of the damn text files. But it'd be really easy to get a report of what players were taken when and whatnot. Let me know if I can help with this in any way.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SeaWolf » Fri May 14, 2004 10:33 am

myfantasyleague has a e-bay style auction that I thought was kinda fun. I never have done one through e-mail or message boards.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby slowkidz » Fri May 14, 2004 12:19 pm

We will be conducting a Cafe Veteran's Xpert League here this season. Right now the league consists of 14 teams, all Cafe Vets. There will be an Auction and Rookie Draft that should kick off in June. So those interested in this type of league may want to take note.

The league dynamics are as follows:

Lineup - QB, RB, WR(2), TE, K, DE(2), LB(2), DB(2), Off Flex, Def Flex

Roster Limits - 20 min, 25 max

Keepers - 2 Franchise Players (1 Off, 1 Def) and up to four RFAs

Salary Cap = $30mil

This league will be one of the tougher ones and should be a lot of fun!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Fri May 14, 2004 1:00 pm

So I suppose 26 posts doesn't qualify you as a vet? :~(

It's alright, I'll just tear stuff up at Yahoo again this year ;-D
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Great Gambini » Fri May 14, 2004 3:48 pm

Slowkidz wrote:We will be conducting a Cafe Veteran's Xpert League here this season. Right now the league consists of 14 teams, all Cafe Vets. There will be an Auction and Rookie Draft that should kick off in June. So those interested in this type of league may want to take note.

The league dynamics are as follows:

Lineup - QB, RB, WR(2), TE, K, DE(2), LB(2), DB(2), Off Flex, Def Flex

Roster Limits - 20 min, 25 max

Keepers - 2 Franchise Players (1 Off, 1 Def) and up to four RFAs

Salary Cap = $30mil

This league will be one of the tougher ones and should be a lot of fun!

That sounds fun, if you need a guy I'd be interested, perhaps you could let me know as time comes closer.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Classifieds