LT2's value??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LT2's value???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat May 15, 2004 11:52 am

maddog60 wrote:Also, while KC has one of the best offensive lines. For running in particular, Denver cannot be denied as the best.

I gotta disagree, KC's oline is easily the best almost everyplayer in that unit has been to the probowl... Denvers line produces good RB numbers buit thats the system not the players... to use your hambrick anology you could plug any lineman into the denver oline and they could run block. Talent wise there is no comparison... I think the second best run blocking line is baltimore, all of their olineman are mammoths and just grade roads especially the two tackles Ogden and Zeus. However they are really bad in pass blocking...

On to the quesiton asked... I think you gotta go with Priest in a redraft just cuz of the consistent offense and that great oline... plus lots of TDS

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: LT2's value???

Postby NittanyLions » Sat May 15, 2004 3:43 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
awwchrist wrote:
LT has become THE ONLY weapon on the team

Did I miss something? When was there another? No, Boston doesn't count.

Flutie gave respectability to the offense. Boston had much better games with him at the helm and Gates had a few decent games too. It helped alleviate some pressure off LT2. Now San Diego has even less than they had last year. People were desperately trying to trade LT2 after 6 weeks and I fear he may he this year's Ricky Williams.

LT is 4th on my draft board and falling.

WOW 8-o
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Guru » Sat May 15, 2004 6:27 pm

Something to consider...

LT2 - SD is horrible this year, much worse then last year. They may be starting a rookie QB at some point in the season. These both have to effect LT2's #'s this year, they must.

Portis - Just the fact that he is on a new team has to have people worried. It's really hard to know how much that is going to effect him. I think he will be fine but he has alot of question marks.

Priest Holmes - He might be all alone in studville this year. Who ever gets Holmes this year may walk away with the championship. I consider him the Faulk (from a couple years ago) of fantasy football this year. His age is a factor, but he hasn't been a starter in the NFL for most of his career so he isn't done yet.

Watch out for Holmes this year.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat May 15, 2004 6:43 pm

I rank Priest above LT, but no one else. Hes just too skilled to be behind any others. But Priests ridiculous TD total puts him over the top in redrafts.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Sun May 16, 2004 12:57 am

lol telling us to watch out for Holmes this year is like warning us to stay away from Bledsoe.

It's a given.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Guru » Sun May 16, 2004 1:44 am

I'm saying watch out for Holmes because he might be so much better then all of the rest of the RB's.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Is 27 TDs a year sustainable?

Postby Dreadpaul » Sun May 16, 2004 10:23 pm

First, let's acknowledge that what made Priest so great in 03 was his TDs. When you rank him by yards gained, his 1,435 puts him at #9 on the list. His receiving yards of 690 put him at #3 on the list. His total yards was only 2,125.

In '03, Priest had 27 TDs... that's 7 more than the #2 RB, A. Green. It's also 3 more than he had in '02 and 17 more than he had in '01 (his 3rd best year).

Tomlinson on the other had had 2,370 total yards.

So the question of whether Tomlinson or Priest will be #1 this year really comes down to whether Priest will continue to run the ball into the end zone 1.5 times per game like he did in '03.

Personally, I believe he will in '04. Thus, I'd be picking Priest over Tomlinson.
Our purpose on this planet is to laugh. For in Hell we shall not be able to and in Heaven it would not be proper.
Dreadpaul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk