Tell you like it is, and how its going to be. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tell you like it is, and how its going to be.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tell you like it is, and how its going to be.

Postby fantasyfiend » Fri May 14, 2004 8:27 am

RB
Portis - FLOPITY FLOP HOP. 5.5YPC all a product of a fine O-line and shanahan's expertise of the Running Game. Will Succumb to mediocrity, dont waste a 1st round pick on this scrub.

Edge - 2 years removed from surgury, Jamal Lewis anybody? but in a team that has skill @ the *suprise* skill positions. Big year for Edge, will re-claim his spot in '05 as a top 3 overral draft choice. 2k yard threat, pushing 20td's. easy

Barlow - Wont be platooning with Belongs-in-a-hearst anymore. 25-30 carries a game....238LBS of bruising power and speed, i feel sorry for opposing teams defenses in the redzone, this dude can str8 truck. 1500YRDS 15TDS get this horse early

WR
Andre Johnson - Carr and Johnson emerge as the best young QB/WR tandem. 100+ Receptions, unlimited td potential. let him fall to middle rounds, only you know he's worth taking top 5.

Boldin - 1 year wonder, will put the S in both sophmore and slump. but not untill he comes back as a junior, will we realise it was a fluke rookie season all along. His overrated side-kick out of pittsburgh will add to a long list of poor cardinal personel decisions.

Harrison - Reggie Wayne, learn him, study him, love him. After this season, he'll make Harrison look like an afterthought. (similiar to jerry rice/terrel owens) stay away from harrison early, he'll be unproductive this season, by injury or by age-decling physical ability. (trust me, i didn't shake the 8-ball on this one)

QB
Byron Leftwich - Yes your looking at the next warren moon. Only "next" as in NOW. Ressurects Jimmy Smith's career, and torches defenses all season long for 3000+ yrds, and 30TDS. Leads jags to AFC championship game.

Garcia - Fails miserably in cleveland, and text pages T.O. "Thanks for my career"

Vick - What rhymes with his last name? Yup, he's gonna learn that real well. Stay away from this guy early, he'll be sharing a shower head with bubba in georgia's fine state pen before week 6. We'll learn all that razzle dazzle was indeed drug induced. Will be charged for drug trafficing. and a waste of a top 3-round pick.
fantasyfiend
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aussieboy » Fri May 14, 2004 8:40 am

Welcome to the cafe fiend, i must say your one strange cat. A couple of big calls in there dude. I particularly liked the one that said don't draft Portis in the first round, which RB do you think will out perform him this season? I agree with Edge call (not necessarily on his numbers), i think he'll have a big year. But how can you say Harrison's physical abilities will deteriorate this yr due to his age? Did you see that one handed horizontal catch he took last season? Nuff said.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri May 14, 2004 8:50 am

Interesting stuff fiend.

I agree that Portis is currently overranked, but Id still draft him in the 1st if he fell too far.

Edge is the man, and Im definitely targeting him this yr.

Barlow is his teams offense, but that being said hes gonna be facing a lot of teams playing 8 in the box and gunning for him. I just dont think he has the skill to produce with the D stacked against him. He is not LT.

Completely agree with you on Boldin - every time I see someone rank him in the top 10 I just shake my head.

A. Johnson may be a great pick, but 100+receptions should be reserved for a WR that has no other options on his team. D. Davis will get his name called too often for AJ to get 100 catches.

Regarding Harrison and Wayne, again, there isnt enough love to go around to make Edge, Harrison, and Wayne fantasy standouts. Ill stay with Edge and Marv. I will look at Wayne towards the latter half of a draft, but I already see him getting hyped right now, so his price is already climbing.

Leftwich could be damn good - and I am definitely targeting JSmith this yr. I think he has good value where he is currently ranked.

Dont count our Garcia too quickly. I think he may get his yds - itll look ugly as hell, but he will get them. Obviously not anywhere near being a top QB, but a good backup for fantasy teams.

As for Vick - you should know by now that athletes are immune from our legal system as long as they are making money for their owners. The real threat Vick has is still the fact that he's an injury risk.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Fri May 14, 2004 9:37 am

Edge - 2 years removed from surgury, Jamal Lewis anybody? but in a team that has skill @ the *suprise* skill positions. Big year for Edge, will re-claim his spot in '05 as a top 3 overral draft choice. 2k yard threat, pushing 20td's. easy

They don't have the same offensive system that can garnish James the same productivity he had in '99 and '00. Say goodbye to the 400+ touches.

Boldin - 1 year wonder, will put the S in both sophmore and slump. but not untill he comes back as a junior, will we realise it was a fluke rookie season all along. His overrated side-kick out of pittsburgh will add to a long list of poor cardinal personel decisions.

Dude, it's not every day someone catches 100 balls. I'll kick the sophomore slump arguement to the curb any day of the week versus 100 catches.

Harrison - Reggie Wayne, learn him, study him, love him. After this season, he'll make Harrison look like an afterthought.

Now you're just being cute.

Byron Leftwich - Yes your looking at the next warren moon. Only "next" as in NOW. Ressurects Jimmy Smith's career, and torches defenses all season long for 3000+ yrds, and 30TDS

Considering there were only TWO QBs to throw for 30 or more TDs last season...good luck with all that.

Vick - What rhymes with his last name? Yup, he's gonna learn that real well. Stay away from this guy early, he'll be sharing a shower head with bubba in georgia's fine state pen before week 6. We'll learn all that razzle dazzle was indeed drug induced. Will be charged for drug trafficing. and a waste of a top 3-round pick

*shakes head*

Well, I do have to thank you for one thing, usually it takes a good chunk of time and posts to weed out the people who are just plain crazy. You did it by your 10th post.

I appreciate that.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri May 14, 2004 9:43 am

Bold statement dude, I don't agree with all of your predictions but I give you props for standing up and saying something.

I agree that Bolden's production will slip with the additions of Fitzgerald and McNown. I think Edge will do well, not as well as you think, but well. I think that Marvin will match his production of last year, but what he did two years ago won't come close to happening again. I hope Barlow does well, I have him for my 3rd back in my FF $$ league. Portis might struggle a little in Washington, different scheme and underachieving O-line and they are in a tough division for RB's with the Eagles, Cowboys and Giants; it will be fun to watch.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri May 14, 2004 10:00 am

Welcome as well!

I must agree with aussie; you definitely have some hard-set and different ideas. But it's always good to hear differing opinions so I welcome them.

I don't think Portis should fall out of the first round or even the first five; he is the unquestioned starter in a Gibbs system that prides the running game. Hope you're right about Barlow because he's all my 49ers have...But, I don't expect him to pull an LT with that offense so those numbers seem a bit high.

I hope you're right about Johnson also. I'll give you some merit on Boldin...I'm not quite sold with him either, but I'd still probably take him. The jury will be out on Fitz once we get to see him play. Dennis Green loves to use his wideouts!

We'll also have to see about Leftwich. I think he will improve, but maybe not that much. I'd love to see that team make it to the playoffs this year - very talented.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Fri May 14, 2004 10:43 am

awwchrist wrote:*shakes head*

Well, I do have to thank you for one thing, usually it takes a good chunk of time and posts to weed out the people who are just plain crazy. You did it by your 10th post.

I appreciate that.

and that would be a welcome from the highly touted FFC Welcoming Committee. Everyone enjoy your doughnuts and cider. lol

:-b
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby smackthefirst » Fri May 14, 2004 11:42 am

This is one of those posts that will reappear at the end of the season. Mark my words.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Fri May 14, 2004 2:17 pm

smackthefirst wrote:This is one of those posts that will reappear at the end of the season. Mark my words.

To laugh at or awe at? Who knows? Who cares...

Vick - What rhymes with his last name? Yup, he's gonna learn that real well. Stay away from this guy early, he'll be sharing a shower head with bubba in georgia's fine state pen before week 6. We'll learn all that razzle dazzle was indeed drug induced. Will be charged for drug trafficing. and a waste of a top 3-round pick.

Sick - the man just is.
Quick - nuff said.
Trick - Those Minnesota defenders certainly weren't getting treats.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ironman » Fri May 14, 2004 2:24 pm

I agree with what someone mentioned about Barlow. All defenses will need to do is stack it up against him and he's screwed. I doubt the "deadly" Rattay to Cedrick Wilson combo will do anything to keep the defenses honest and thus open up some running room for Barlow.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk