Why are RBs the most coveted fantasy performers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why are RBs the most coveted fantasy performers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Fri May 14, 2004 9:42 pm

Play Maker wrote:As its been said before theres between a number of 10 to 20 teams in leauge 10 being the most use, out of the teams in the NFL there are only about 24 rbs good enough to have and most league you start 2 rb's while only 1 qb and you have a sure good bet that you can still win your league with the 10 to 15th ranked qb if u have the rb's backing them.

...I tried to condense this (Play Maker's post), but it's just a big 'ol run-on sentence...

Anyway, I won my league with Quincy Carter and Joey Harrington (drafted a little too early - Canacuna would have been a casualty of the Michael Vick injury had it not been for an overall solid draft) - not exactly the most envious position to be in. While having a stud QB is definitely ideal, you can win without 'em. RBs on the other hand... :-?
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby columbo » Fri May 14, 2004 9:42 pm

scoring details anybody?! Please ?!
"Listen Columbo, just for a minute how about we stop pretending that I'm brilliant and you're simple!"
columbo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Play Maker » Fri May 14, 2004 9:46 pm

Thats what I was saying Cancuna. Yea after looking over my post was a big run-on sentence, but hey what is this English class lol.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Canacuna » Fri May 14, 2004 9:56 pm

Play Maker wrote:Yea after looking over my post was a big run-on sentence, but hey what is this English class lol.

In your case, it probably should be. ;-)
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Play Maker » Fri May 14, 2004 10:41 pm

For your information I have a A+ grade in my English class as of now, but I always dont use proper grammar when Im outside of school, but who does these days?
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Sat May 15, 2004 12:24 am

The Great Gambini wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Yes you. Go Gators ;)

lol Gotta love them Gators...and now that half of the Bears are Gator alums, all my fellow Chicagoans are starting to dig them too.

Heh, unfortunately alot of them (Ian Scott, Todd Johnson, etc) will probably never see the field. Btw, Ian was on one of my little league baseball teams way back in the day, and me and his dad (Randy) are pretty good friends. I talked to his brother (Alik, who plays for UF now) the other day.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jeru » Sat May 15, 2004 12:57 am

Your statistics pretty much proved why RBs are the most highly sought after fantasy performers. The fact that there are 16 QBs in the top 25 shows that, in a 12 team league there is more than enough quality starting QBs, and more quality QBs than there is teams in the league. Meanwhile, with each team starting 2 RBs in typical leagues, as opposed to one QB, the quality pool is much thinner, which is why the 7 RBs that made that top 25 list are so coveted, because the drop off is so huge.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Great Gambini » Sat May 15, 2004 7:43 am

Free Bagel wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Yes you. Go Gators ;)

lol Gotta love them Gators...and now that half of the Bears are Gator alums, all my fellow Chicagoans are starting to dig them too.

Heh, unfortunately alot of them (Ian Scott, Todd Johnson, etc) will probably never see the field. Btw, Ian was on one of my little league baseball teams way back in the day, and me and his dad (Randy) are pretty good friends. I talked to his brother (Alik, who plays for UF now) the other day.

Hah, true about Ian and Todd, they were great college players though. If Rex can pan out, though, it will be all good. Alex Brown has impressed me.
Interesting about your relationship with the Scotts.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk