I think Duece McAllister is overated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I think Duece McAllister is overated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat May 15, 2004 2:45 pm

MeShawn wrote:He's the #5-#6 RB.
I forget how many games it was, but he had 100 yds each game for a long time.

In my scoring system, he was a very consistant producer.

The 100 yards a game is key. Those are the type of stats that make you a top 5 back. This guy very rarely has an off game. I like Deuce to be about #5 or #6 also. If the Saints pass attack becomes a little more reliable, his value can only increase due to 4th quarter extra usage! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Sat May 15, 2004 3:37 pm

I had an argument about this :-) I have him at 6 ish. He is overrated by some. Positions 5-7 are hard to rank IMO
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sat May 15, 2004 3:47 pm

If the saints offense was anything close to dependable and consistant he would be a freaking MONSTER.

8 TDs out of him is pathetic.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat May 15, 2004 4:00 pm

As a Deuce owner last year, his consistency was nice. However, unlike the other top 5 backs, rarely did he ever "win you a game."

Priest, LT, Portis, and Ahman each have alot of those 150yd 2TD weeks that give you a huuuuuuuuuuuuge lead and basically win it for you. Deuce, last year at least, was more of just a contributor, not someone I could count on to win me my games if the rest of my team didn't do well, but someone I could count on to pull his own weight.

In my mind, to be top 5, you've gotta be one of those "carry the team" (the fantasy team) type guys that can make up for other guys putting up bad numbers.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Canacuna » Sat May 15, 2004 6:51 pm

1. Priest Holmes
2. LaDainian Tomlinson
3. Ahman Green
4. Clinton Portis
5. Shaun Alexander
6. Deuce McAllister
7. Ricky Williams
8. Jamal Lewis

Free Bagel wrote:Priest, LT, Portis, and Ahman each have alot of those 150yd 2TD weeks that give you a huuuuuuuuuuuuge lead and basically win it for you. Deuce, last year at least, was more of just a contributor, not someone I could count on to win me my games if the rest of my team didn't do well, but someone I could count on to pull his own weight.

The Canacuna agrees.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat May 15, 2004 7:01 pm

Deuces 100 yds are nice, but Yahoos default scoring system is (1 pt per 20 yds rushing or recieving, QBs 1 pt per 50 yd passing)terrible in that yds really dont matter, which makes WRs ridiculosly weak. Deuce just couldnt do it for me last year, in an awful year in my most important league with nasty players such as David Boston, Plax Burress and others :-P.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby r_singh_02 » Sun May 16, 2004 12:18 am

how can u say he is overrated. he is an absolute STUD. go ahead and put him in the non-STUD list, its just a loss for you. Not only does he run ectremely well, but he catches.

What is all this bs that he cannot "win you a game"

look at these numbers from these weeks and you tell me if he dominated...
Week 7: 116 yds. 2 TD
Week 11: 173 yds. 2 TD 64 receiving yards
Week 12: 184 yds. 2 TD 48 receiving yards

those 3 weeks look likes he would have "won a game for you"
and on at least 5 others he provided 100+ yds. and 40+ yds.

I understand he may be a little inconsistent on scoring TD's, but the whole Saints team was. expect him to post yardage numbers of last year and TD numbers of 2 years ago.
Ma Man Deuce McAllister = M.V.P....period
r_singh_02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Sun May 16, 2004 12:32 am

r_singh_02 wrote:those 3 weeks look likes he would have "won a game for you"
and on at least 5 others he provided 100+ yds. and 40+ yds.

Actually, no. Besides Weeks 10 and 11, which you mentioned, Deuce only had one other game in which he has 100+ yards rushing and 40+ yards receiving. This was in Week 5, and he had a grand total of 0 TD's. So no, not "at least" five, 1.

And in the Week 7 game, in which McAllister had 116 yards rushing, 0 yards receiving, and 2 TD's, he would've gotten you 17 total fantasy points based on Yahoo fantasy scoring. While it was a solid game, most people would agree that 17 points won't win you any fantasy football games. But I will have to admit that the two other games, Weeks 10 and 11, were very good showings and those two would have won some fantasy owner's their fantasy games. The problem is, that's two games out of the 16 game season.

It's also funny that you mention those three games, because besides those, Deuce McAllister only scored TD's in two more games. And he scored only 1 TD in each of those. Anyway, I'm not saying that Deuce isn't a stud RB, only that if he doesn't improve on his numbers from last year, then he's no top 5 RB in my book.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Sun May 16, 2004 12:47 am

That's terrific, Deuce had 100yds and 2TD's in three games.

As for the rest of the top 5?

Priest did it 10 times.
LT did it 5 times (and also had several games with 200yds and a TD in addition to that)
Portis did it 6 times in only 13 games played (also had 2 with 200yds and a TD)
Ahman did it 7 times

Each of the 4 also had weeks where they scored more than 2 TD's. Each had weeks where they had 200yds and a TD. And each had far more than 2 games with a TD in addition to those "huge" games.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby r_singh_02 » Sun May 16, 2004 1:46 am

yea i agree with you guys that he was very inconsistent last year, but we are drafting for next year rite. so i believe he will improve. like i said, if he falls out of the top 5, and even in some peoples boards he is lower, he will be an absolute steal. look at ahman green 2 years ago, and what did he do last year? its your pick, i'm just tryin to help u make the rite one.
Ma Man Deuce McAllister = M.V.P....period
r_singh_02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk