McGahee/Henry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee/Henry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deadskunks » Sun May 16, 2004 1:39 am

The RFA situation makes this make sense... and I agree with the early post that McGahee's presence will scare some people away from Henry. I'd still look at Henry ahead of Barlow, Faulk, and either of the Davises.
"know the enemy, know yourself; your victory will never be endangered. Know the ground, know the weather; your victory will then be complete"
deadskunks
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Sun May 16, 2004 7:14 am

Free Bagel wrote:Mark my words. Willis Mcgahee is gonna win alot of people FF championships this year.....Not based on his own production, but based on the fact that because of him, some teams will be able to steal a top RB in the middle of the second round.

lol :-B
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun May 16, 2004 11:26 am

I live near Buffalo, and most people feel (in this general area) that the Bills will be able to trade Henry for a 1st round pick next year, and that's why they gave their pick to Dallas this year (Losman deal).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smackthefirst » Sun May 16, 2004 11:32 am

I would imagine that a first rounder would be about right for a back of Henry's caliber if McGahee pans out.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bungle613 » Sun May 16, 2004 12:05 pm

I live in Toronto and get all the Buff news. It is likely that McGahee will be given every opportunity to be the back this year. They love him and what he offers. Henry is a pounding back that can break tackles but no breakaway speed. McGahee has the speed which according to reports is what they want. It is suggested that it will be RBBC for the first few weeks and then McGahee will get the bulk of the carries.

Henry is not worth a first rounder. Maybe late first round but doubtful. Also, his value will only go down if McGahee gets the nod as the starter.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Sun May 16, 2004 12:06 pm

bungle613 wrote:I live in Toronto and get all the Buff news. It is likely that McGahee will be given every opportunity to be the back this year. They love him and what he offers. Henry is a pounding back that can break tackles but no breakaway speed. McGahee has the speed which according to reports is what they want. It is suggested that it will be RBBC for the first few weeks and then McGahee will get the bulk of the carries.

Henry is not worth a first rounder. Maybe late first round but doubtful. Also, his value will only go down if McGahee gets the nod as the starter.

Nobody ever really gives up an early 1st round pick for a player anyways.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aussieboy » Sun May 16, 2004 12:29 pm

bungle613 wrote:I live in Toronto and get all the Buff news. It is likely that McGahee will be given every opportunity to be the back this year. They love him and what he offers. Henry is a pounding back that can break tackles but no breakaway speed. McGahee has the speed which according to reports is what they want. It is suggested that it will be RBBC for the first few weeks and then McGahee will get the bulk of the carries.

Where did you hear this from?
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Sun May 16, 2004 12:31 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

Nobody ever really gives up an early 1st round pick for a player anyways.

"Dallas Cowboys trade two first rounders in exchange for Seattle WR Joey Galloway."

Anyway, Travis Henry is too good to be put on the bench. Until I see Willis McGahee in pre-season, I'm really trying not to make any comments about him to either extreme. Right now I consider him an untested rookie coming off of a major injury - thus, pretty much a non-factor.

Also, any links you could provide confirming that info would be appreciated - as I've heard nothing about any of what you mentioned.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bungle613 » Sun May 16, 2004 1:27 pm

aussieboy wrote:

Where did you hear this from?

WGR radio specifically... a couple others are reporting along the same lines. Had the O'Line coach on and someone else (can't remember) but they were "very impressed with McGahee and his rehab"
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby UtopianHopes » Sun May 16, 2004 1:47 pm

anyone think this could be a good thing. For instance. This can turn out similiar to the ricky williams and deuce scenerio. After one season ricky got trade and both turn out to be top 10 rbs. As a fantasy owner who has both henry and willis on the same team. i hope both do good and henry get traded or goes in fa. You might lose 1 year, but win out in the long run. Giving owners 2 studs in henry and willis for a long time ( keeper/dynasty league).
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk