McGahee/Henry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee/Henry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guest » Mon May 17, 2004 7:33 am

This adds an interesting twist to the plot. I can see McGahee becoming the featured (or sole) back in Buffalo...

but you really think Henry isn't worth a 1st round pick? I'm sure there are a couple of teams (at least) who'd trade a 1st round pick for Henry (Chicago, for starters... Detroit if Jones isn't all he's hyped-up to be... maybe even Dallas, speaking of the Joneses).

Then again, time will tell.

Thanks for the feedback from Buffalo!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Big Pimpin' » Mon May 17, 2004 3:38 pm

bungle, you can't go on what those jackasses on WGR say. Some of the radio clowns WANT mcgahee to be the featured back but that in no way reflects what the bills organization wants/thinks. That is a horrible, horrible station so be very weary of what you hear there as most of the time it is just the radio personalities giving you what they think.
right now the bills are just not saying anything about it at all.
but i do know that both henry and mcgahee were joking around and said that neither is going to block for the other one.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Mon May 17, 2004 7:33 pm

I think I may have to stear clear of either of these backs inless they fall far enough. I am worried that the Bildos will try to hand the job to McGahee and screw up Henry's production. And what of McGahee's injury history? At least with Henry I know he will play through a broken leg, productively too. While McGahee will sit out a whole year for tweaking his knee!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby fantasizing » Mon May 17, 2004 8:51 pm

Maybe this whole McGahee situation might just turn out better for Henry. RBBC seems to be very effective nowadays. Look at what it did for A.Green last year. Green rarely had 3 rushes in a row, he always took a breather and let Davenport and Fisher follow up. Yet, Green's numbers were off the charts.
This could be a win-win situation for Buffalo, not only in the running game, but also in helping the passing game, which in turn further helps the running game. Especially since McGahee is a different type of runner than Henry.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bungle613 » Mon May 17, 2004 11:53 pm

I am not going by what the "personalities" have said. Two coaches have said basically that McGahee will be given his chance. He is the type of back that they want and need for the offence they want to run. They also mentioned "2 back sets" how often... who knows.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Azrael » Tue May 18, 2004 12:38 am

Right now McGahee has far more upside than Henry basically because he comes much cheaper than Henry. If you want Henry, you'll probably have to take him no later than the 2nd round. McGahee you can find like 8th round or later. Since the situation is up in the air, I'd much rather have McGahee (if I had to choose) than spend a 2nd rounder (or 1st depending on league size) on Henry.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby ferris182 » Wed May 19, 2004 2:19 pm

Azrael wrote:Right now McGahee has far more upside than Henry basically because he comes much cheaper than Henry. If you want Henry, you'll probably have to take him no later than the 2nd round. McGahee you can find like 8th round or later. Since the situation is up in the air, I'd much rather have McGahee (if I had to choose) than spend a 2nd rounder (or 1st depending on league size) on Henry.

Well said ;-D
ferris182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gilstrap11 » Wed May 19, 2004 3:04 pm

I think Henry will be the starter all season,but McGahee will get some carries. Henry is a proven back and played through his injuries. You don't see that to much in the NFL. This will be a learning season for McGahee.
Gilstrap11
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk