Special Draft Strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Special Draft Strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ya just gotta snag 3RBs up front

Postby Dreadpaul » Sun May 16, 2004 9:47 pm

It's almost a no-brainer. 3 RBs in your first three picks gets you one stud and two good second tier players. Almost as important as getting them yourself is denying them from the other teams. With fewer RBs to pick from, those folks who grabbed a Moss or Manning with pick #1 or #2 will be sucking hind titty when they start scambling for RBs.
Our purpose on this planet is to laugh. For in Hell we shall not be able to and in Heaven it would not be proper.
Dreadpaul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Oh yeah

Postby Dreadpaul » Sun May 16, 2004 9:53 pm

And if I were in your position, I'd grab spot #1 because then you guarantee yourself Tomlinson, and get back to back picks in rounds 2 and 3.

Another way to look at it is this: with pick #1, you also get picks #16 and #17. Alternately, you can take picks #2, 15 and 18. I'd argue that the value of moving between 15 and 16 is almost the exact same as moving between 17 and 18. Since I like Tomlinson a lot more that the 30 yr old Holmes, I'd snag pick #1.
Our purpose on this planet is to laugh. For in Hell we shall not be able to and in Heaven it would not be proper.
Dreadpaul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby smackthefirst » Sun May 16, 2004 11:17 pm

Dreadpaul
First, let's acknowledge that what made Priest so great in 03 was his TDs. When you rank him by yards gained, his 1,435 puts him at #9 on the list. His receiving yards of 690 put him at #3 on the list. His total yards was only 2,125.

In '03, Priest had 27 TDs... that's 7 more than the #2 RB, A. Green. It's also 3 more than he had in '02 and 17 more than he had in '01 (his 3rd best year).

Tomlinson on the other had had 2,370 total yards.

So the question of whether Tomlinson or Priest will be #1 this year really comes down to whether Priest will continue to run the ball into the end zone 1.5 times per game like he did in '03.

Personally, I believe he will in '04. Thus, I'd be picking Priest over Tomlinson.

I have to ask. What news did you come across in this half hour to make you change from LT2 to Priest????
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby aussieboy » Mon May 17, 2004 12:00 am

In an 8 team league i'd definately want the first pick.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk