Horn or Moulds- better year, better future - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Horn or Moulds- better year, better future

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Sun May 16, 2004 2:45 pm

Drafting-wise, I would take Joe Horn before Eric Moulds - you can land Eric Moulds later in the draft due to people being fairly low on him (you can get him as a #3 WR in some leagues).

Expectations-wise, I'm liking Eric Moulds over Joe Horn. It wasn't too long ago that Eric Moulds was mentioned right after Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, and Terrell Owens as the best WRs, y'know. Moulds still has talent - his low numbers from last year were mostly due to a groin injury and the adjustment to life without a legitimate #2 WR in Peerless Price. He's healthy now and hopefully the other WRs on the roster can step up and relieve some of the pressure.

I just don't like depending on the always inconsistant (I 'spose that means they're consistantly inconsistant, eh?) New Orleans Saints offense.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sun May 16, 2004 3:01 pm

I believe Moulds COULD come back this year, BUT I dont think he will, the reason?, Bledsoe, I dont expect him to step up. I'd avoid spending a high pick on Moulds this yr.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun May 16, 2004 3:01 pm

I love Moulds with Lee Evans on the other side. You can get moulds later, which means you can spend that 3rd round pick on someone else than Joe Horn. You can prolly get E Moulds in the 4th, maybe even the 5th round. You'll get more bang for your buck with Moulds, IMO.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Sun May 16, 2004 7:35 pm

Moulds isnt younger the Horn and Horn has better stats
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jojo » Sun May 16, 2004 7:44 pm

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings wrote:Moulds isnt younger the Horn and Horn has better stats

You better check your ages again. Moulds is a year and a half younger.
jojo

Friendliness: %

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Sun May 16, 2004 8:10 pm

yea my bad Moulds is younger BUT they both played the same amount of yrs
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon May 17, 2004 8:51 am

jojo wrote:
Str8 Pimpin-Vikings wrote:Moulds isnt younger the Horn and Horn has better stats

You better check your ages again. Moulds is a year and a half younger.

JoJo! Is that you man? Is this the one and only Jojo from the blitz? If it is register and drop me a message.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon May 17, 2004 3:14 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:I love Moulds with Lee Evans on the other side. You can get moulds later, which means you can spend that 3rd round pick on someone else than Joe Horn. You can prolly get E Moulds in the 4th, maybe even the 5th round. You'll get more bang for your buck with Moulds, IMO.

I agree totally - Horn might produce a little bit more (especially if you subscribe to the 2004-Aaron-Brooks-comeback idea), but you'll get relatively the same production from Moulds.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Mon May 17, 2004 7:39 pm

Homeless wrote:I believe Moulds COULD come back this year, BUT I dont think he will, the reason?, Bledsoe, I dont expect him to step up. I'd avoid spending a high pick on Moulds this yr.

Yup, Yup. I worry that the Bills QB situation is so poor that Moulds's production could really suffer. Bledsoe got hit so much last season he is probably still having nightmares and wetting the bed. You can't rely on a QB that stains the sheets to feed your WR. For that reason alone I would take Horn over Moulds.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby joester » Mon May 17, 2004 7:53 pm

I like Moulds to bounce back this season. No one has mentioned this yet but Moulds seems to well in even numbered years. Horn is a very consistent player but he is fading with stallworth and henderson waiting. So if its draft day and you are contemplating whether to grab Moulds or snatch up Horn.....Go with Moulds
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk