why is everybody down on duece?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

why is everybody down on duece??

Moderator: Football Moderators

why is everybody down on duece??

Postby Guest » Sun May 16, 2004 8:54 pm

think about it, the guy is very young hes already had 2 great seasons and better ones are probably on the way, and trust me he hasnt hit his breakout season yet, it will most likely be this year,. i think that the saints are finally gonna get pissed off at all the media and everybody saying that they just dont have what it takes to be winners, and become superbowl champs, im calling it now mark my words. ( or a superbowl appearance)

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby columbo » Sun May 16, 2004 9:04 pm

Not sure what you mean by everyone being down on him. He is generally picked in the top 6. However...

He only had 8 tds last year. I'm sure he's capable of 20 but others who had better numbers last year will be picked before him.
"Listen Columbo, just for a minute how about we stop pretending that I'm brilliant and you're simple!"
columbo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby terpfan » Sun May 16, 2004 9:05 pm

id mark your words, but i dont know who you are. why dont you register? ;-)

i'm fairly high on deuce... ive got him at 5/6 with sean alexander. he will certainly have a good year, and i think he's a great back, but the lack of tds last year worries me a bit. and i dont think the saints have the defense to do much in the playoffs at all, much less win a superbowl...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby r_singh_02 » Sun May 16, 2004 9:43 pm

i agree wit u 100% guest. for the last 2 weeks or so, every1 has been marking Deuce OVERRATED and not a STUD. of course i have been protesting, and i do believe they will play good this year. i have seen ppl put them in last place in the NFC South, wat is that..if that isn't called putting this team down than wat is....(look at ESPN's preseason rankings!!!)
Ma Man Deuce McAllister = M.V.P....period
r_singh_02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Sun May 16, 2004 9:45 pm

r_singh_02 wrote:i agree wit u 100% guest. for the last 2 weeks or so, every1 has been marking Deuce OVERRATED and not a STUD.

I don't think anyone said that McAllister wasn't a stud, and I challenge you to find someone that did say that. What some people were suggesting was that Deuce didn't warrant a top 5 pick because of his TD inconsistency last season.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Sun May 16, 2004 10:14 pm

I dont understand why people cant realize that its not rating someone high or low or whatever, but there is just a HUGE traffic jam of talent from 3-8 in the RB rankings. Anyone in any of those positions have the ability and potential to be the #1 or #2 RBs fantasywise. There are only so many spots to put these players and someone is ALWAYS going to be 'underrated' or 'overrated.'

With those spots I say its all a matter of personal preference b/c there are damn good arguments why all of them deserve higher or lower rankings.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Deuce

Postby Ghostrider » Sun May 16, 2004 11:00 pm

Deuce had a great year but a couple of defenses stopped him DEAD cold in his tracks. TB and even Tenn held him to basically zip. Everyone knows that LT, Portis, Jamal and Holmes are scoring machines. After that there are probably seven other backs that will have 1000 yd seasons but there scoring potential isn't top 4 or 5. I look at recv. yds. as well as rushing yds and td's. Deuce is still #5 in my book but has the potential to move up.
Ghostrider
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby smackthefirst » Sun May 16, 2004 11:06 pm

You hit it right on Flux. Theres the top 2 this year and then a lgo jam at 3-8. An argument can probably be made for and against every running back sitting on peoples boards between 3-8.

Some people are even throwing Edge into this lu,ping, but ive got him sitting solid at 9.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Guest » Sun May 16, 2004 11:34 pm

Who's Deuce's backup anyways?

Friendliness: %

Postby Canacuna » Sun May 16, 2004 11:39 pm

Anonymous wrote:Who's Deuce's backup anyways?

Aaron Stecker and Lamar Smith, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Football Talk