why is everybody down on duece?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

why is everybody down on duece??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Mon May 17, 2004 7:06 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Green doesn't even fumble any more now that he took off those black armbands.

That's exactly right. I'm surprised more people haven't noticed this. I see fumble concerns often in the same breath as Green's name. But if you look at his game log last year, he didn't fumble after he took off those stupid armbands. Of course, now that I look at his history a little closer looks like he has always fumbled like crazy the first half of the year and then almost not at all the 2nd half.

Who knows, I do think taking off those armbands helped though.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelyeri » Tue May 18, 2004 1:21 am

Azrael wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Green doesn't even fumble any more now that he took off those black armbands.

That's exactly right. I'm surprised more people haven't noticed this. I see fumble concerns often in the same breath as Green's name. But if you look at his game log last year, he didn't fumble after he took off those stupid armbands. Of course, now that I look at his history a little closer looks like he has always fumbled like crazy the first half of the year and then almost not at all the 2nd half.

Who knows, I do think taking off those armbands helped though.

I'm more worried about his age and his asthma. or how ever you spell it.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Guru » Tue May 18, 2004 3:38 am

I wouldn't say I'm down on Duece, but I think some people put him ahead of RB's that are better then him.

Of the top 8 RB's, I have him at 8. But in alot of mocks he is going at 5/6. Which is why I feel he is overated.

My main beef is that people are putting him ahead of Jamal. I guarantee Jamal has a better year then Duece next year.

In Jamal's 3rd year = 14 td's, 2000 yds rushing

Considering that was his second year back from his torn ACL (we all know it takes 2 years for a torn ACL) he has now finally come into his own. He probably won't rush for 2000 yds next year but I think his td #'s will increase, since Baltimore is better. Boulder is 1 year older.

Duece = 8 td's, that's only 8 people. 1600 yds rushing. I don't see any reason why his #'s will be any better next year.

Jamal is a young stud who still can get better. I feel Duece took a huge step backwards last year. He won't win you any weeks, nor will he carry your team. Which is why I don't consider him a top 5 back.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue May 18, 2004 5:59 am

The Guru wrote:I wouldn't say I'm down on Duece, but I think some people put him ahead of RB's that are better then him.

Of the top 8 RB's, I have him at 8. But in alot of mocks he is going at 5/6. Which is why I feel he is overated.

My main beef is that people are putting him ahead of Jamal. I guarantee Jamal has a better year then Duece next year.

In Jamal's 3rd year = 14 td's, 2000 yds rushing

Considering that was his second year back from his torn ACL (we all know it takes 2 years for a torn ACL) he has now finally come into his own. He probably won't rush for 2000 yds next year but I think his td #'s will increase, since Baltimore is better. Boulder is 1 year older.

Duece = 8 td's, that's only 8 people. 1600 yds rushing. I don't see any reason why his #'s will be any better next year.

Jamal is a young stud who still can get better. I feel Duece took a huge step backwards last year. He won't win you any weeks, nor will he carry your team. Which is why I don't consider him a top 5 back.

Deuce had 15 TDs the year before last. Thats the reason his numbers will be better. Lewis will be looking at 8-9 in the box unless Boller proves he can play QB in the NFL. So look for Lewis to be facing 8 in the box almost every down.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Tue May 18, 2004 6:33 am

Guys-

Take the time to see if a thread expressing your concerns has already been posted. There was already a "Why is everyone picking on Deuce?" thread. We don't need to clutter up the place with multiple posts on the same subject. Thanks!

;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Previous

Return to Football Talk