which wr to chose? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

which wr to chose?

Moderator: Football Moderators

which wr to chose?

Postby flock of seagulls » Mon May 17, 2004 7:01 am

ok fellas, got one for you. in a earlier post(too many rbs?) i told you of all the great rb's i got(mccallister, james, taylor, bennett, tjones). the price i paid for these rb's came in below average wr's. although i think the ones i got where steals considering where i drafted them.(krob and porter,66and 111 overall)

now on to my question. which of these "lower" teir wr's should i target with my next few picks? in no particular order.(these are the ones that i feel are the best left on the board)

any cleveland wr
marcus robinson
trav taylor
lee evans
fred mitchell
all kc's wr except kennison
all new englands wr's except givens
any san fran wr
any atl wr except price
dyson
hilliard
fergeson
calico, bennett
stallworth
stokley
glenn, bryant

let me know what you think.

ps. i know thomas jones isnt exactley a stud rb, just a starting rb i got late.
flock of seagulls
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Mon May 17, 2004 7:31 am

What type of league is this for? If it's dynasty, I'd target Calico (Ten), Evans (Buf), Woods (SF), and Jenkins (Atl). I've also been picking up Andre Davis late in some mocks I've been doing. I'd also rather have Darling than Taylor in Baltimore for the longterm.

If it's redraft then I'd move Davis up further with Finneran, Robinson, and Hilliard getting more attention. They won't have nearly as much upside but you'll see results faster.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon May 17, 2004 7:43 am

I would say Stallworth and Bennett. Both are #2s...but you could probably get Evans and Woods with a later pick.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Mon May 17, 2004 8:03 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:I would say Stallworth and Bennett. Both are #2s...but you could probably get Evans and Woods with a later pick.

Oops, I missed Stallworth in that list. Definitely target him. If he can somehow stay on the field he should do well.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby flock of seagulls » Mon May 17, 2004 8:15 am

sorry. its a 16team dynasty league, which is td heavy
flock of seagulls
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby maddog60 » Mon May 17, 2004 8:45 am

Marcus Robinson should be your primary target. He was brought in to play #2 next to Randy Moss. Given Moss's abilities defenses might be all but ignoring him, which will leave him open to a lot of easy passes from Culpepper. High flying offense + #2 WR = good right now.

Other than him I'd target some rookies that should start. Lee Evans and Rashaun Woods look to be available. Stallworth worries me because the Saint apparently drafted Devery Henderson to compete with him, and given his history of hamstring issues, Henderson may win the job.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon May 17, 2004 9:11 am

maddog60 wrote:Marcus Robinson should be your primary target. He was brought in to play #2 next to Randy Moss. Given Moss's abilities defenses might be all but ignoring him, which will leave him open to a lot of easy passes from Culpepper. High flying offense + #2 WR = good right now.

Other than him I'd target some rookies that should start. Lee Evans and Rashaun Woods look to be available. Stallworth worries me because the Saint apparently drafted Devery Henderson to compete with him, and given his history of hamstring issues, Henderson may win the job.
Marcus Robinson should be good this year. The last time the Vikes had a full-time #2 WR he consistently got over 1k yards each year opposite Moss. With Moss' constant demanding of double coverage and Moss' latest foot injuries Daunte could be looking Robinson's way mroe often this year. Marcus already showed in his career that he is capable of a big year putting up 1400 yards with the Bears, and that was with the Bears and their QB problems.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby aussieboy » Mon May 17, 2004 9:19 am

Stallworth and Marcus would be decent picks. Evans, Branch, Rashuan Woods wouldn't be bad pickups in a dynasty league either.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon May 17, 2004 9:59 am

Personally, I like Ferguson and Brandon Lloyd.

BTW - why are some of you guys suggesting drafting the rookie Woods over Lloyd? Given that Lloyd is the #1 and just coming off his first season in the NFL would you really want the #2 who has no NFL expirience and isnt that much younger? I do think SF is gonna have to play from behind ALOT this yr, so I really like Lloyd as a soild sleeper candidate.

A. Davis, M.Robinson, and D. Stallworth are also decent options.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby smackthefirst » Mon May 17, 2004 10:42 am

Id have to go with Stallworth and Robinson first. Id also look towards Calico/Bennet. One of them will be the number 2 beside Mason, im just not sure which one yet.

Also, some of the rookies could put up good numbers. Say Woods, Williams, Evans, and Clayton.

As far as Woods and Lloyd, Lloyd does have the ability to play in this league, but I dont think he has the talent to be a number 1. Woods on the other hand has the physical tools needed to be a number one in this league. Thats why im putting him slightly higher than Lloyd.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk