which wr to chose? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

which wr to chose?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Poobah » Mon May 17, 2004 12:06 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Personally, I like Ferguson and Brandon Lloyd.

BTW - why are some of you guys suggesting drafting the rookie Woods over Lloyd? Given that Lloyd is the #1 and just coming off his first season in the NFL would you really want the #2 who has no NFL expirience and isnt that much younger? I do think SF is gonna have to play from behind ALOT this yr, so I really like Lloyd as a soild sleeper candidate.

A. Davis, M.Robinson, and D. Stallworth are also decent options.

Cornbread, I'm with you. I like Brandon Lloyd, although I liked him a lot more before Rattay got hurt. With a new QB getting most of the reps in preseason, either WR could end up as the primary target. However, I like what I saw of Lloyd last year and think he at least can do it, while all rookies are gambles.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby smackthefirst » Mon May 17, 2004 1:09 pm

Oh if Rattay was still starting, and not hurt, Id be all over Lloyd. They seemed to have a good feeling for each other last year.

But with Dorsey looking to be the starter (man why do they do this to me?), its a complete toss up on who he feels more comfortable with.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby flock of seagulls » Mon May 17, 2004 2:31 pm

ok. robinson just got drafted. its still 14 picks away from me, so i will keep you guys updated.
flock of seagulls
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CC » Mon May 17, 2004 5:20 pm

Evans and Stallworth are the only 2 I would consider on that list.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Mon May 17, 2004 6:26 pm

Donte Stallworth, then Deion Branch.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon May 17, 2004 6:28 pm

I also like Stallworth and Lee Evans. I forsee big things for the kid from wisconsin.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: which wr to chose?

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 17, 2004 6:52 pm

I'm not a fan of Donte Stallworth or Deion Branch. Donte Stallworth is just plain 'ol crappy, methinks and Deion Branch has too many other guys to compete with - Troy Brown, David Patten, David Givens (I'm expecting a big year from him), Bethel Johnson, ect.

I think that either Andre Davis or Quincy Morgan have a decent opportunity to put up some numbers in Cleveland. If I had to guess, I would lean towards Andre Davis - he showed some nice playmaking ability towards the end of last season. Both could be potential steals.

I don't like Travis Taylor. Stay away from Travis Taylor. Travis Taylor is bad, y0.

Lee Evans... Eww, I'll pass...

Fred Mitchell may see a production increase due to a legitmate WR lining up opposite him in Terrell Owens (I like Mitchell more than Pinkston). However, I doubt it will be a worthwhile increase from seasons past unless he has learned to catch with his feet. The only thing saving Terrell Owens from a downward spiral in my rankings is the fact that he'll likely be the primary end zone target, thus racking up the TDs. Donovan McNabb isn't exactly the most accurate of passers, y'know.

I don't like any of the WRs in Kansas City - maybe Marc Boerigter can step up, eh?

I already went over my feelings on the New England WR situation...

I might take a chance on Brandon Lloyd, Cedric Wilson, or RaShaun Woods. I'm not overly high on any of them, but at least you'll have a #1 WR, eh?

In Atlanta, I think that Brian Finneran could put up some nice TD numbers - so long as Michael Vick doesn't take them himself. He's a huge target and put up some decent numbers in Vick's first season as a starter. There's still some competition for the #2 spot though, so I'd probably wait on drafting him, if at all.

Kevin Dyson, eh? I'd probably rather have Eric Parker if I had the misfortune of having any San Diego WR on my team. The only player on San Diego worth drafting at this point (there could be a surprise guy, y'never know) is LaDainian Tomlinson.

Ike Hillard could put up some decent numbers, I 'spose. That is, if Eli Manning is as good as Peyton is right now - which he isn't. Expect to see much lower numbers from the entire Giants offense next season (except for maybe Shockey, who Eli could key in on for short yardage plays and the like).

I have Robert Fergeson as the third best WR on the Packers, behind Donald Driver and Javon Walker. No thanks.

Tyrone Calico could be a nice pickup. He has all of the tools to be a great WR in the NFL. Whether or not that will actually materialize... - hell, I don't know. Drew Bennett is another guy with some potential, but Calico could be a stud someday. I don't see Bennett ever being anything more than a #2.

Donte Stallworth plays for the Saints, right? That's not good. Is he a WR? Well, he has that going for him. Is Donte Stallworth just an alias for hotel reservations used by Joe Horn? No? Oh, then I'll pass.

Um, isn't Brandon Stokley on the Colts? Yeah, I have him ranked as their seventh best offensive player (aside from Peyton Manning) behind Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Marcus Pollard, and Dallas Clark. ...So, no.

Terry Glenn will get some solid yardage and a few TDs his way. Not too bad. Antonio Bryant will be behind Keyshawn Johnson and Terry Glenn on the depth chart, but he has some skills - he could be a player in the future.

I'd probably take a gamble on one of the Cleveland WRs. There's some potential there, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Football Talk