DRAFT STRATEGIES - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DRAFT STRATEGIES

Moderator: Football Moderators

You might be pleasantly surprised...

Postby Dreadpaul » Mon May 17, 2004 5:20 pm

I'm in a 16 player keeper league that's holding a multi-day draft (everybody gets 16 hours to make their pick)... I had pick #10 and thought for sure I'd miss out on a decent RB. Instead, Manning went #4, Moss #7, Harrison #8, and Vick #9... I got to choose between Alexander and Lewis for my stud RB. After much thought, I finally went with Alexander because TDs get more points in my league than yards.
Our purpose on this planet is to laugh. For in Hell we shall not be able to and in Heaven it would not be proper.
Dreadpaul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby scherber830 » Mon May 17, 2004 6:08 pm

Hey by the way, what exactly is going on in Buffalo? Why is Travis Henry so far down in the rankings? Is Willis McGahee really going to vulture that many carries? Has anyone heard any reports out of Buffalo? Let me know.
scherber830
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Cafe Writer

Postby aussieboy » Mon May 17, 2004 9:41 pm

scherber830 wrote:Hey by the way, what exactly is going on in Buffalo? Why is Travis Henry so far down in the rankings? Is Willis McGahee really going to vulture that many carries? Has anyone heard any reports out of Buffalo? Let me know.

There's another post regarding this, check it out.

Taking Cpepp/Moss in the first two rounds sounds good in theory, however it can be dangerous if you know that your league loves RB. By the time you have your 3rd and 4th round picks you may have absolute rubbish at RB left. If it's likely that most of the teams in your league will take a QB or WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, then you could have the makings of a great team since guys like rudi may fall to you (even though i doubt this would occur), however if theres a second round run on RB and you took Cpepp and Moss with your first two picks, you could end up in trouble.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Mon May 17, 2004 9:45 pm

taking moss and culpepper back to back is a HUGE gamble. first of all, you are likely to have rb troubles all season long with what you end up with in the late 3rd, early 4th. second, if the vikes have a bad game you're pretty much screwed. thats not a risk id be willing to take.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Mon May 17, 2004 10:13 pm

o and just so all of u know moss does have plantar faschitis in his left foot, and if none of u know what it is, its a nagging long term injury, and is very hard to play on. u might have already knew that but o well

Friendliness: %

Postby aussieboy » Mon May 17, 2004 10:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:o and just so all of u know moss does have plantar faschitis in his left foot, and if none of u know what it is, its a nagging long term injury, and is very hard to play on. u might have already knew that but o well

He apparently played on it for the second half of last season or so. Plantar Fasciitis is fair common injury in middle aged med (30-60y.o). Pain is usually present under the ball of the heel or slightly forwards of this. It's mainly treated using Anti-Inflammatory drugs or corticosteroids. It's definately playable on, even though it's quite annoying.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk