Rice to finish in San Fran? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rice to finish in San Fran?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 17, 2004 6:21 pm

Anonymous wrote:i hate when they pull this kind of crap. hes going to do the same to that team as jordan did to the wizards. im sick of these has beens trying to milk up the moment

Eh, I don't know what you're talking about.

When Michael Jordan went to the Wizards, they weren't doing much of anything. They didn't do much of anything with Jordan either, but at least he made them somewhat entertaining. It's not like he set them back in any way - they were crap to begin with and they're crap now. The same young foundation they had remains instilled (Kwame Brown and whatever other crappers they have - aside from Rip Hamilton, of course).

The 49ers won't win many games next year. I'm sure the loyal 49er fans aren't exactly thrilled with their prospects going into next season - why not bring in someone who can at least sell some tickets and teach the younger guys? Besides, Jerry Rice can still play some ball.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon May 17, 2004 6:22 pm

why? hes a good reciever who still has some skills, like Jordan did, and he can teach the youngings how to play. I think Rice would be a good influence for Rashaun Woods also. It would be nice to see Rice retire in in a 49ers uni, just like it was good to see Sharpe go out while on Denver.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Mon May 17, 2004 7:15 pm

I have a problem with all of the geezers going on a season long retirement tour, can't these guys ever get enough air time?
However, if he can help Woods with his transaction to the pro game then I would love to see Rice finish in SF.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby TTTBone » Mon May 17, 2004 7:49 pm

Canacuna wrote:The 49ers won't win many games next year. - why not bring in someone who can at least sell some tickets and teach the younger guys? Besides, Jerry Rice can still play some ball.

Yup...
Ticket sales (#1), showing the young'uns how it's done (#2), and going out with class, playing some decent ball and retiring while you're still the best reciever on the Niners at 41-42 years old. ;-D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Guest » Mon May 17, 2004 8:12 pm

I like the idea of a player who was with one team for most of his career going back. I wish Cris Carter had retired one year earlier than he did rather than finish with the Dolphins. Actually I think the Vikings should pick up Rice and bring Carter back from retirement (recently heard he is in great shape still). That way the Vikings would have the statistically speaking two best wide receivers in history along with today's subjective best (Moss)!

Friendliness: %

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon May 17, 2004 8:17 pm

Anonymous wrote:I like the idea of a player who was with one team for most of his career going back. I wish Cris Carter had retired one year earlier than he did rather than finish with the Dolphins. Actually I think the Vikings should pick up Rice and bring Carter back from retirement (recently heard he is in great shape still). That way the Vikings would have the statistically speaking two best wide receivers in history along with today's subjective best (Moss)!

why not log in zimm? }:-)

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon May 17, 2004 8:46 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I like the idea of a player who was with one team for most of his career going back. I wish Cris Carter had retired one year earlier than he did rather than finish with the Dolphins. Actually I think the Vikings should pick up Rice and bring Carter back from retirement (recently heard he is in great shape still). That way the Vikings would have the statistically speaking two best wide receivers in history along with today's subjective best (Moss)!

why not log in zimm? }:-)

Heh, I actually think it was smart for him to go to the Phins. I probably wouldn't have chosen the Phins but they guy wanted a shot at a ring, he was never able to get one. The Phins had a good chance at a championship and were in need of WRs. I was also looking up the all-time stats for WRs, Tim Brown has surpassed Carter with the second most receiving yards in history. Within a few years Carter could conveivably be like 5th or 6th in yards. Harrison is only a little over 3000 yards away, and Bruce isn't unreachable either. Carter was a huge assett for the Vikes during his years, but he's old. He may be in great shape still but that last year with the Phins he couldn't stay healthy.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby slowkidz » Tue May 18, 2004 8:27 am

Rice should have retired during his last stint with the 9ers, IMO.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby kashikis » Tue May 18, 2004 9:13 am

I think it would be a good idea to bring him back. I think it would vastly improve Lloyd and Woods' abilities to learn from the best ever
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby big shot » Fri May 21, 2004 3:33 am

yeah they learn from him like all those wizards learned from jordan; they didnt
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk