Common features of a TOP 5 RB-Article - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Common features of a TOP 5 RB-Article

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Monty » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:22 pm

thanks for the article
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:24 pm

great article good points, only thing i say is that priest has to be an exception here..
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Monty » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:26 pm

i agree, Priest WILL be a top 5 back
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:48 pm

bagobonez wrote:That's exactly why I passed on Priest Holmes this year. His age combined with his small stature spell injury. Not to mention the Chiefs lost Tait, and that could affect their cohesiveness.

Huh? 5-9, 213 is around the average for every down backs in the NFL.

Plus you have to think that eventually defenses will learn to send 10 or 11 guys at Holmes when the Chiefs are at the goal-line. I don't think worrying about Johnnie Morton or Eddie Kennison should be too high on the priority list, although Gonzo deserves attention at the goal-line.

You don't think they haven't? Have you ever seen a Chiefs game? He runs behind two tons of path clearing blockers. It's like an esecort service... Just without the hookers. It's not just his o-line. They emply lead blocking fullback Tony Richardson and TE Jason Dunn. The Chiefs effectively play with 7 lineman almost every down.

I can't count the number of times I watched the Chiefs play, and they'd get to the goal-line, and all 70,000 people in the stands knew who it was going to, but the defense was just playing a zone coverage or something. ATTACK PRIEST! FFS, I should be a defensive coordinator.

I can't count the numbers of times I've seen opposing defenders blown off the line of scrimmage and linebackers lit up by blockers to make a TD a cake walk for Priest. They use enough misdirection at the goal line (passes to Dunn & Gonzo/bootleg run/pass options with Green), to keep the defense mostly honest.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk