Question for Cbs.sportsline users? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Question for Cbs.sportsline users?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question for Cbs.sportsline users?

Postby Runeight » Tue May 18, 2004 10:13 am

After 16 years of doing fantasy football stats by hand we are finally going to use a commissioner website. I know welcome to the eighties! Has there been any situations that have arose were someone has taken advantage of the system? Whether it be the commissioner or a gliche in the system? Or plan and simple cheaters?

This is one of the reasons it took us so long to use a commissioner website, as some of the owners are not very trustworthy. Though they are life long friends so we know how they are going in. We just try to be a step ahead of them.

Any information would greatly be appreciated as it will be used to deter theses guys from trying to pull a fast one. We will be able to adjust our rules accordingly.

Thanks in advance,
Runeight ;-D
Runeight
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aussieboy » Tue May 18, 2004 10:22 am

I'm not sure what you mean. So you're considering making the change to play fantasy online, is that right? If so I don't see how you can cheat by manipulating the stats. Please correct me if i'm missing the point here.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Runeight » Tue May 18, 2004 10:37 am

Yes we are using the website for stats. I have heard that the commissioner or another owner who has access to change all teams lineups have done so after the start of the games and cover up the times the lineup was put in. Is this possible? And are there any other situations that have come up in other leagues like it.

Another words the commissioner changed his lineup half way into the game and covered it up!
Runeight

Postby aussieboy » Tue May 18, 2004 10:40 am

Runeight wrote:Yes we are using the website for stats. I have heard that the commissioner or another owner who has access to change all teams lineups have done so after the start of the games and cover up the times the lineup was put in. Is this possible? And are there any other situations that have come up in other leagues like it.

Another words the commissioner changed his lineup half way into the game and covered it up!

In Yahoo (which is what i use), the teams in the leagues have the option of whether or not they want to allow the commish the power to change lineups. Usually i allow the Commish to have that power over my team, just incase a situation arises that i want to change my starting lineup and am unable to access a computer, in which case the Commish can do it for me. The commish hasn't got the power to change the stats or scores each week i don't think. Jeez that must be some deceitful guys you play with, i can't believe anyone would do that sort of thing.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Runeight » Tue May 18, 2004 10:47 am

LOL In 16 years we have had many things happen. Our second year doing fantasy football we still called in lineups to the commissioner. Well the commissioner was away so we called into a answering machine........one owner called his lineup in at 4pm.
He said, " It's 11:52 just calling in my lineup..." Luckly we had times on the answering machine, after that when the commissioner was gone he had to call at noon to not allow lineups after his call. Thats just one of the many situations we have encountered.
Runeight

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue May 18, 2004 11:09 am

Dang, I didn't know Fantasy Football existed 16 years ago! What is that, 1988? You must have had a pretty hopping BBS going in those days! ;-D

To think of who the top fantasy players would be for those years...Montana, Craig, Rice (see the SF bias?), Esiason, ICKEY?!?!, Dickerson, Herschel Walker...

Christian Okoye??? 8-o ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Tue May 18, 2004 11:10 am

We use CBS and the commissioner does have a lot of power to change lineups, etc., but he's never used it to cheat. I don't know if he could change lineups after a game has started, but maybe. We have a clause that if anyone in the league does cheat, he'll suffer the consequences. If it's a big issue, either you should be the commissioner or find a group of guys where that is not something you have to worry about.

Friendliness: %

Postby Runeight » Tue May 18, 2004 11:24 am

Hmmm the guys drafted back then. Elway,Marino,Walker,Rice,Rison,Kelly,Esiason,Cunningham,Okeye,Thomas,Lofton,Clark,Moon,Slaughter,Kozar,N.Anderson,A.Reed,M.anderson,T.Brown I think,for some reason I can't think of running backs. McMahon,Novacek,Word.B.Jones,Mack,Montana a few that were in the league but I am not sure if they were there from the start S.Sharpe,Humphries,Irvin,N.Johnson,Monk,Young.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head
Runeight

Postby smackthefirst » Tue May 18, 2004 12:12 pm

I use sportsline among others. The commish does have power to pretty much change anything they want. BUT, any change is recorded and the time is shown on a screen accesible by all.

I dont think there is anyway to make the change and then "cover" it up. But I will also say, ive never tested this out, so there may be some backdoor way.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue May 18, 2004 12:16 pm

try myfantasyleague.com

free, simple to use, highly customizeable, even has keeper capabilities if you want.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk