are mags a must? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

are mags a must?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed May 19, 2004 8:22 am

I only flip through the mags to read the paragraphs about sleepers. I like to get a sense of what the "experts" think about various unknown guys to get an idea of who I might shoot for in the late rounds. Very occasionally, you'll find something in there that is worth a damn, but 95% of the research I do is online, and I would go with the info I get at the cafe and the experience I get doing offseason mocks WAY before I trusted some magazine.

NOW, one good tip is this:

Buy a mag now. Flip through it when you're bored, and then take it with you to draft day. Inevitably some shmo shows up to the draft and has forgotten his/her mag and/or hasn't taken the time to do much research. It's always good to have a 4 month old mag laying around to loan them. ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guinness Imbiber » Thu May 20, 2004 10:08 pm

These mags seem only good when Im out in the woods on a hunting adventure and need one of the following: 1) kindling or 2)toilet paper.

I know people who rely on them every year. And every year they get beat. These mags all seem never to take chances on "risky" picks. Gannon, Bledsoe were the top QB's in many magazines last year...just because these magazines were too afraid to take chances. Anyway, if they were that good they'd be good at picking stocks and bonds too, and wouldnt need to publish fantasy magazines.

I agree, do your homework online.
[quote:72f2e2df26="Benjamin Franklin"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy[/quote]
Guinness Imbiber
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Flux » Fri May 21, 2004 7:28 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
NOW, one good tip is this:

Buy a mag now. Flip through it when you're bored, and then take it with you to draft day. Inevitably some shmo shows up to the draft and has forgotten his/her mag and/or hasn't taken the time to do much research. It's always good to have a 4 month old mag laying around to loan them. ;-D

lol, and be sure and put stars by players you think are going to bust so they think YOU want to draft them. Even go so far as to write down your own fake ranking in the book.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk