A Touching Article About the Vikings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A Touching Article About the Vikings

Moderator: Football Moderators

A Touching Article About the Vikings

Postby CC » Tue May 18, 2004 8:50 pm

This actually made me change my hatred for the Vikings, I like and respect them now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... yer/040518

Are you kidding me? You believed that?
I laughed my ass off the whole way through this article.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue May 18, 2004 9:01 pm

Thanks CC for an illuminating article. My hatred for the Vikes had clouded my vision and I hadn't realized just how much they have teased and failed to deliver for their fans. Though I don't wish any of their fans any ill will, all I can think of to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Wed May 19, 2004 3:53 pm

hahaha lovin' it
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TTTBone » Wed May 19, 2004 6:14 pm

I'm sure C-Cheese, TheBBB, and the rest of us Packer fans all too well remember those pre-Super Bowl years when the Cowboys, Aikman and Emmitt shattered our dreams (not to mention the Niners). It was devastating.
I have sympathy for the plight of Viking fans (they're my friends and coworkers), and if the Pack can't do it, I'm actually pulling for the Vikes.
Just don't ever, ever talk to me about the Bears getting back to elite status. A hatred born in the blood and history.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Dreadpaul » Wed May 19, 2004 6:51 pm

You want pain? And I mean, recent pain? Three straight NFC championship losses for the Philadelphia Eagles. Each year we're so close... and each year we end the season with heartache.
Our purpose on this planet is to laugh. For in Hell we shall not be able to and in Heaven it would not be proper.
Dreadpaul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby NittanyLions » Wed May 19, 2004 6:59 pm

Haha oh man thats good stuff

And sorry, I dont feel sorry for the 3 straight NFC appearances team }:-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Thu May 20, 2004 6:08 am

Where the heck is Zimm? :*)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Poobah » Thu May 20, 2004 7:17 am

Dreadpaul wrote:You want pain? And I mean, recent pain? Three straight NFC championship losses for the Philadelphia Eagles. Each year we're so close... and each year we end the season with heartache.

Okay, you can have the recent pain. Any Cowboys fans with me remembering the Boys losing three straight NFC Championships between 81-83? And what have they done since then? Oh, wait. Never mind then. You Vikings and Eagles fans can go on with the misery.... And I won't even mention the Herschel Walker trade. Oops O:-)
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby maddog60 » Thu May 20, 2004 8:25 am

Walker worked out well for us Eagles in his later years :-)

Nah, I can't complain about my birds getting to the NFC Championship 3 straight years and dominating the league during all 3 of those seasons. I would however appreciate if after 4 years in the NFL, working with the same QB, Pinkston would learn to catch the ball. Heartache for an Eagles fan these past 3 years has been any time McNabb throws it to a WR.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu May 20, 2004 9:09 am

deftdelivery wrote:Where the heck is Zimm? :*)
In the closet crying...this brings back some bad memories... :,-( ...no... :~(

The Vikings are a team that will never cease to dissapoint. We field a good team almost every year but we can never have a great season. We are mediocre to good every year but can never get over the hump. This is gonna be the year. We have a new and improved defense with a shut-down CB, possibly the best, young defensive line in the league, we have a good, young LB corps that has great potential. Bennett should be healthy all year assuming he stays off the treadmills. We have a good number two WRs threat to take the pressure off Moss and his foot. THis is the best team the Vikings have put out since 98....yup, 98...and I live in SC, Falcon country. When the Vikings lost that Sunday night I was hearin it for months. The first FG Gary missed all season, he had made hundreds straight, and this one wasn't even 40 yards! I will never forget that day...and Poo, you really didn't have to mention Herschel did you? :-/
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk