Why no love for.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why no love for....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why no love for....

Postby DaGriz » Tue May 18, 2004 11:36 pm

Edge, I'm thinking he is gonna have a monster year. I see LT struggling this year, one guy can only do so much by himself for so long before someone catches on. But I think Edge is in a perfect situation, explosive offense, and he could start the season playing second fiddle to Manning and Marv, allowing him to be overlooked. I really like him for a big year.
DaGriz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Guru » Wed May 19, 2004 12:34 am

He had a really good second half. He was the 6th overall RB is the second half (basic scoring). So it appears things are looking up for edge.

I really tryed to watch him as much as possible last year to see if he still "had it." Well he will never be the dge of old. He seemed to lack that power that most top RB's need, and seemed a bit sluggish at times.

Because Edge is on that high powered offense he will probably have a good year. Really any starting RB would do good on that team.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dreadpaul » Wed May 19, 2004 12:49 am

Let's take a look at our boys #s...

2003 1,259 yards rushing and 11 TDs plus 292 yards receiving
2002 989 yards rushing and 3 TDs plus 354 yards receiving
2001 662 yards rushing and 3 TDs plus 193 yards receiving

You have to go all the way back to 2000 to find some gold...

2000 1,709 yards rushing and 18 TDs plus 594 yards receiving
1999 1,553 yards rushing and 17 TDs plus 586 yards receiving

While it's certainly possible that Edge could return to the same numbers he had 4 and 5 years ago... there are plenty of other backs out there whose numbers have been consistently higher. Thus, you're taking a risk when you pick him.
Our purpose on this planet is to laugh. For in Hell we shall not be able to and in Heaven it would not be proper.
Dreadpaul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Why no love for....

Postby Azrael » Wed May 19, 2004 1:34 am

DaGriz wrote:Edge, I'm thinking he is gonna have a monster year. I see LT struggling this year, one guy can only do so much by himself for so long before someone catches on. But I think Edge is in a perfect situation, explosive offense, and he could start the season playing second fiddle to Manning and Marv, allowing him to be overlooked. I really like him for a big year.

Argh, again the the "how come nobody likes so and so" post. And again the poster provides no backup whatsoever. "I see LT struggling this year" says nothing. You'd think after 1 or 2 years of doing everything by himself someone would have "caught on." Edge is in the same situation he's been in his whole career.

"I really like him to have a big year"? Oh, you know what, you're right, I'm going to bump him up to 4th on my draft board.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Azrael » Wed May 19, 2004 1:37 am

Azrael wrote:
DaGriz wrote:Edge, I'm thinking he is gonna have a monster year. I see LT struggling this year, one guy can only do so much by himself for so long before someone catches on. But I think Edge is in a perfect situation, explosive offense, and he could start the season playing second fiddle to Manning and Marv, allowing him to be overlooked. I really like him for a big year.

Argh, again the the "how come nobody likes so and so" post. And again the poster provides no backup whatsoever. "I see LT struggling this year" says nothing. You'd think after 1 or 2 years of doing everything by himself someone would have "caught on." Edge is in the same situation he's been in his whole career.

"I really like him to have a big year"? Oh, you know what, you're right, I'm going to bump him up to 4th on my draft board.

Sorry, that was a bit harsh on a newb.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Canacuna » Wed May 19, 2004 1:51 am

Azrael wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Sorry, that was a bit harsh on a newb.

Geez, man. :-o Heh.

Anyway, I don't know where you think Edge should be, Dreadpaul, but I have him near the top of the second tier of RBs - which isn't exactly a bad thing. Edge would make a decent #1 RB and a great #2 RB, methinks.

Edge just hasn't looked like the Edge of old. I know he's had a serious injury, but even late last year he wasn't bursting through his holes in the same fashion as he had back in the day. He could have a monstrous year, but you could say that with just about anyone.

"Yeah, Marshall Faulk is going to have a monster year."
"Ron Dayne will have a monster year if Coughlin gives him the ball."

Ect., ect.

You could also say the same thing about a player struggling just as easily...

"Marshall Faulk will struggle next year."
"If Coughlin gives Dayne the ball, he's gonna suck."

Ect., ect.

I don't know if either of my two examples made sense, or even necessary. The Canacuna is reverting back to his insomniastic tendencies and has given up trying to make sense when he's tired. ...So advanced apologies abounds.

I'm gonna go watch a movie... ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby aussieboy » Wed May 19, 2004 2:22 am

I agree Edge will outperform his current pre-draft rankings. The thing is this year there is a solid group of number 1 RB. I think getting Edge as your "second" RB will put your team in a strong position.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed May 19, 2004 5:55 am

Ive never seen Edge slip past the first round, so I dont think you can really get him as a 2nd back. I really dont like to be in the posistion to pick Edge, because it then forces you to get one of the 2nd tier RBs in the 2nd round instead of say, getting a stud WR. He just doesnt look as good as he used too.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Wed May 19, 2004 7:32 am

heres the question...

Do you really want to be the guy who passes on Deuce/Jamal/Alexander/Ricky for Edge? Edge definitely has the potential to blow up, but those guys are more likely to.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed May 19, 2004 8:27 am

I say Edge is a decent number 1 if he is coupled with Moss, Harrison, Holt, or another 2nd tier RB, but he is definitely a damn fine #2...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk