Why no love for.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why no love for....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed May 19, 2004 9:01 am

Flux wrote:heres the question...

Do you really want to be the guy who passes on Deuce/Jamal/Alexander/Ricky for Edge? Edge definitely has the potential to blow up, but those guys are more likely to.

I havent seen a 2004 ranking that had him above any of those guys, so I dont think thats the question at all. In fact, in a recent thread on some ffootball rag, they had him listed as the 14th best rb - so that begs the question:
Do you really want to be the guy who passes on Edge for Fraud, Faulk, Rudi, or either of the Davis guys?

As the 9th best RB, I think thats a fine ranking for him. He is a lower tier #1 and a huge steal #2. In a recent 10 team mock I ended up with Ricky at #8, and Edge fell back to me in the 2nd - I doubt I will ever see that happen again.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Wed May 19, 2004 9:08 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Flux wrote:heres the question...

Do you really want to be the guy who passes on Deuce/Jamal/Alexander/Ricky for Edge? Edge definitely has the potential to blow up, but those guys are more likely to.

I havent seen a 2004 ranking that had him above any of those guys, so I dont think thats the question at all. In fact, in a recent thread on some ffootball rag, they had him listed as the 14th best rb - so that begs the question:
Do you really want to be the guy who passes on Edge for Fraud, Faulk, Rudi, or either of the Davis guys?

As the 9th best RB, I think thats a fine ranking for him. He is a lower tier #1 and a huge steal #2. In a recent 10 team mock I ended up with Ricky at #8, and Edge fell back to me in the 2nd - I doubt I will ever see that happen again.

I thought the point of this thread was that Edge is being UNDER-rated. To me that means he is saying he should go BEFORE #9, meaning before those guys i mentioned.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Wed May 19, 2004 9:34 am

The Guru wrote:
I really tryed to watch him as much as possible last year to see if he still "had it." Well he will never be the Edge of old. He seemed to lack that power that most top RB's need, and seemed a bit sluggish at times.

Because Edge is on that high powered offense he will probably have a good year. Really any starting RB would do good on that team.

;-D
Thats what I saw too. I'm not up on his off-season habits and training but I'm hoping that it will just take a little more time then J Lewis.

Friendliness: %

Postby nebula » Wed May 19, 2004 9:36 am

Sorry, me ^
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula