Top 20 WR Rankings... What do you think? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 20 WR Rankings... What do you think?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gunslinger » Wed May 19, 2004 2:16 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:I can't believe no one is calling Chad Johnson overrated. He has a new RB new QB. Not to mention a very difficult schedule. He will fizzle especially with Warrick getting more catches.

I've knocked him down a few notches. Washington also looks to steal more catches this year, too. I still think he's top 10.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

W/R's

Postby Ghostrider » Wed May 19, 2004 2:19 pm

New q/b or not C.J has skills, atiitude. He believes he's the best and he plays that way aka. Moss/Owens etc. I don't think he's overrated at all. If the ball is in his timezone, he'll get it.
Ghostrider
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Crash » Wed May 19, 2004 2:37 pm

What about Justin McCareins? I think he will be in the mix and may have a better statistical season than S. Moss...... He is a bigger target and who knows, maybe Pennington will have a great repour with Justin right off the bat.....Justin had 7 TDs playing 3rd with Mason and Bennett. Moss had 10 with no other viable receiver to compete against (granted Moss didn't have a viable QB either).
Where does everyone think McCareins will fall?
Crash

Friendliness: %

Postby Crash » Wed May 19, 2004 2:41 pm

that was rapport, not repour (don't know what I was thinking)
Crash

Friendliness: %

Postby Ghostrider » Wed May 19, 2004 9:18 pm

Crash:

Seems most people don't think Pennington will have a good year. Conway is gone. Chrebet is a non-factor. Ken-yon Rambo is next on the depth chart. Why wouldn't Moss and McCareins do well? I think Justin will push 1000 yds as well as Moss. Who does most of the scoring is a toss. McCareins caught most of the deep stuff at Tenn while Mason got most of the middle/scoring yds. Moss will definitely benefit from McCareins presence. Personally I had J. Mac in two leagues last year as a third and did quite well. I might put him ahead of K.Rod, Booker Boston and possibly Bruce this year.
Ghostrider
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bottled Aggression » Wed May 19, 2004 9:27 pm

I know I may be a little high on Fitz, but I just keep remembering what happened when Moss showed up in Minn.

Randy Moss didn't have a sophomore QB that might do well. Plus, remember... Arizona sux!!
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Guru » Thu May 20, 2004 12:51 am

Ghostrider wrote:Crash:

Seems most people don't think Pennington will have a good year. Conway is gone. Chrebet is a non-factor. Ken-yon Rambo is next on the depth chart. Why wouldn't Moss and McCareins do well? I think Justin will push 1000 yds as well as Moss. Who does most of the scoring is a toss. McCareins caught most of the deep stuff at Tenn while Mason got most of the middle/scoring yds. Moss will definitely benefit from McCareins presence. Personally I had J. Mac in two leagues last year as a third and did quite well. I might put him ahead of K.Rod, Booker Boston and possibly Bruce this year.

The thing about the Jets is whoever plays the X position WR will do well in there offense. 2 years ago it was Coles. Then last year no one thought Moss was any good at the start of the year, but he was made the X is there offense and he did very well.

Basically I'm trying to point out that one WR does well in the Jets offense. So even though McCareins is a talented WR he might not do all that much in the Jets offense since he won't be playing the X position.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fantasyfiend » Thu May 20, 2004 1:30 am

Chad Johnson overrated lol crazy

i think he has the talent to be a top 3 fantasy WR...and getting him 5-7th is 'buy - low'.
fantasyfiend
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan5328 » Thu May 20, 2004 3:22 pm

Chad Johnson is a great reciever, but Carson Palmer, not John Kitna, will be throwing the ball to him. Though he probably will be in the top 10, I don't think I would risk drafting him to early with that in mind.
Dan5328
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu May 20, 2004 4:10 pm

I like TO over holt. call me crazy but I find holt inconsistent and Id rather have McNabb throwing then Bulger. Owens will score more TDs with McNabb throwing to him, and he'll get more yards also.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk