Return to Football Talk

Tony Gonzalez

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mig28 » Fri May 21, 2004 6:56 am

Azrael wrote:
mig28 wrote:
Azrael wrote:
mig28 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:3.02 is too early to draft Tony G although I did take him at, I think, 3.09 in a mock.

So it's OK for you to draft him late in the 3rd, but too early for me to take him at 3.02?

Basically the mentality you have to approach it with is if you want him you have to take him in the 3rd because everyone knows 4th round is Tony time.

I probably should have taken a WR with my 3rd round pick instead of Vick and then grabbed McNabb in the 4th. After I took Vick, I didn't like any of the RBs or WRs. I thought McNabb was head and shoulders better as a value than anything on the board. My team may not look great because I have 2 top 4 QBs but IRL I would probably deal Vick or McNabb for something.

Why don't you think your squad looks good? You've got top talent at each skill position that you've drafted, along with solid backups.
Vick is great trade bait; there's usually one owner in every league that just has to have him.

I guess I was just frustrated that I took A. 2 starting backs with the same bye week and 2 top flite QBs within my first 4 picks...all part of the learning process. It's not so bad I guess...having Walker, K-Rob, and Fitzgerald all as potential starting 2nd receivers.

Well , don't kick yourself about conflicting bye weeks...hell, I'm in a league with some guys who don't give much thought to that during their ACTUAL draft; if managing byes during the draft is a part of your strategy, you're going to be a step ahead of some others. Additionally, the antsports setup makes it easy to disregard the bye, since the current roster is NOT on the selection page.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk