Dynasty League with Cafe Members needs a replacement - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Dynasty League with Cafe Members needs a replacement

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SteveTaskerintheHall » Thu May 20, 2004 1:50 pm

I don't like the horn/brooks connection either. It was also a mistake drafting Westbrook in the third round if you only need to start 1rb/1wr and a flex. I likely would have gone receiver in this spot and QB or TE in the fourth based upon the starting positions for the league. A second QB should have been selected earlier also, but that can likely be fixed in FA after the season starts.
The Buffalo Bills will circle the wagons in 2004!
SteveTaskerintheHall
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Great Gambini » Thu May 20, 2004 6:35 pm

The draft has not been completed, we've still got a few rounds left. We are also in the middle of our 2 round rookie draft.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu May 20, 2004 6:51 pm

SteveTaskerintheHall wrote:Pete,

I have lived and died with Brooks in the past, and there is more of an emphasis on the 'died' part of that statement. If there is any decent sleeper possibility (Eli Manning, Josh McCown..), or any chance to get a lower rated quarterback mixed in with a trade for Brooks, I would look long and hard at it. He is tough to watch when he is your fantasy QB.

I'm sure you would get great value for him after saying that.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Thu May 20, 2004 6:59 pm

yeah, my thoughts too. its a league with all cafe members and post on this site that ur gonna cut him, then expect you might get much in a trade. i would be talkin about how he only had 8 int's last year or something like that. anyway,i'm not sure who will get this team , if ya do GL, because these guys here at the cafe are wise. and if you're not prepared , you'll be in a rebuilding mode for many many years. lol
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby bungle613 » Fri May 21, 2004 1:03 am

I'm in the league.... I'll pick up Maddox with my 18th rounder for the future trade we do.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pete123444 » Fri May 21, 2004 1:17 am

hey bungle, you in that one too? don't know who's getting the team yet.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Aaron Brooks.

Postby SteveTaskerintheHall » Fri May 21, 2004 7:40 am

Easy people. I am just talking. The whole point of saying I was going to cut Aaron Brooks if I got the team was to convey that I don't like Aaron Brooks. It doesn't actually mean that I am going to give him up for nothing, it is just BS talk on a message board.

I am not concerned about how wise people at the cafe are as I have played my fair share of fantasy football in big money leagues for the past 8 years. You can LOL all you want, but this team would be managed properly from the outset. It is a team that will be slightly competitive this year, but mistakes were made in the draft that definitely hurt it that would need to be resolved.
SteveTaskerintheHall
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bungle613 » Fri May 21, 2004 8:02 am

nope, don't know who is coming on board... we have had some turmoil to start this inaugural year. Things are much better... last one to replace I hope. It's a nice set up.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: Aaron Brooks.

Postby mig28 » Fri May 21, 2004 11:19 am

SteveTaskerintheHall wrote: it is just BS talk on a message board.

During my short tenure at the cafe, I've discovered that it is not a message board.

It is a community.

I'm sure you're going to be welcomed with open arms...or maybe not.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SteveTaskerintheHall » Fri May 21, 2004 11:43 am

For clarification, I was just saying that what I wrote was BS, not what anyone else wrote. I have only been here for ten posts or so, but I do like this fantasy community better than any I have seen (basically only CBSsportsline's fantasy boards). I definitely was not trying to offend anyone.
SteveTaskerintheHall
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds