About New England Running game. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

About New England Running game.

Moderator: Football Moderators

About New England Running game.

Postby Azrael » Thu May 20, 2004 9:38 pm

If you combine Mike Cloud, Antowain Smith, and Kevin Faulk's stats together, you end up with about 1,400 yds rushing and 8 TD's and 500 yds receiving and 5 TD's. Considering Dillon is probably going to get 90% of the workload and that he is way better than any of these guys, is he going too low in most mocks? By my experience, that has been late 2nd-early 3rd. I'm figuring him for a Stephen Davis type performance (of last year) this year. That being said...he's probably a steal where he's going. Don't you think?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gilstrap11 » Thu May 20, 2004 9:59 pm

I think he will be a steal if he goes late 2nd or 3rd round. The reason I say this is because he put decent #'s in the past years(last year not included) running behind the Bengals O-Line that wasn't that good. Now he graduates to running behind the Super Bowl Champions offensive line. I would take him in the 2nd round,and would be elated to see him in the 3rd round.
Gilstrap11
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KingGhidra » Fri May 21, 2004 12:53 am

*looks around then sneaks into the thread*

Cedric Cobbs!

*runs out*
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Fri May 21, 2004 12:57 am

*Despite sleepyness, notices Ghidra trying to divert attention away from Dillon*

Hey look, there's Elvis.

*Sends Gawzilla after Ghidra*
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Guest » Fri May 21, 2004 1:58 am

you know gawzilla?

Friendliness: %

Postby converge241 » Fri May 21, 2004 6:22 am

if you dont have to deal with NE homers like i do Dillon should be available late and outproduce his fantasy draft position

The only thing that worries me is that i could see him as a 1st and 2nd down guy only

then Kevin Faulk on 3rd down and Cedric Cobbs on goalines
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flux » Fri May 21, 2004 7:00 am

I have Dillon ranked right after Taylor and Faulk at #12. He still has something left in the tank, and his injury last year really wasnt him 'breaking down' but was b/c of the crappy field conditions in Cinci that everyone has complained about and many have been injured from.

He now isn't going to be the only offensive option like he had been for so many years on the Bengals. That means no more 8 man fronts throughout the game. If a team tries to stack the front, they are just going to get burned by all the 5'10 WRs on NE.

I think Faulk will come in on 3rd downs when its a passing situation, but that really shouldnt cut into Dillons totals seeing as many teams have some sort of change of pace back for 3rd downs. And as for Cobbs, I cant imagine taking out a guy like Dillon who is 6'1 and 225 pounds at the goalline.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: About New England Running game.

Postby mig28 » Fri May 21, 2004 7:10 am

Azrael wrote:If you combine Mike Cloud, Antowain Smith, and Kevin Faulk's stats together, you end up with about 1,400 yds rushing and 8 TD's and 500 yds receiving and 5 TD's. Considering Dillon is probably going to get 90% of the workload and that he is way better than any of these guys, is he going too low in most mocks? By my experience, that has been late 2nd-early 3rd. I'm figuring him for a Stephen Davis type performance (of last year) this year. That being said...he's probably a steal where he's going. Don't you think?

I think the S. Davis comparison is right on the money. New team, good situation, chip-on-shoulder, etc., although I think Corey will have even better #s in '04 than S.D. did last season.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri May 21, 2004 8:52 am

One thing to remember - using NEs rushing stats from last yr probably isnt the best guide. I bet Billichek is going to tailor his offense to the weapons he has - just like coaches do every yr. Added a very good RB in Dillon - probably will give him a longer look when deciding on a play than he did with Cloud, Smith, or KFaulk.

Dillon is a very good RB, dont knock him because of a subpar yr on a bad team.

I think he will have a better yr than SDavis and Fraud Taylor.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk