Henry/McGahee 2004 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Buffalo Bills

Henry/McGahee 2004

Moderator: Football Moderators

Henry/McGahee 2004

Postby Stampede » Sat May 22, 2004 4:28 pm

Hey BILLS fans, what is the latest on this situation from Buffalo. Is it still Henry's job or is McGahee going to take it early in the season? Anyword on either of them being traded?
Stampede
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:49 pm

Not a bills fan, but if McGahee takes the job early in the season it will only be because someone killed Henry :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby ibeckhami » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:38 am

Homeless wrote:Not a bills fan, but if McGahee takes the job early in the season it will only be because someone killed Henry :-b

^^ :-b hahahah
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Monty » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:33 pm

HEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ibeckhami » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:54 am

hahahah monty. Just like you say

"MMMMMMMAAAAAAAADDDDDEEEEENNNNNNN"

twice in one post? hahahahah :-b :-b
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Spider-Monk » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:10 pm

ANYBODY REMEMBER HOW MANY TIMES HENRY FUMBLES
HE'S A GREAT GOAL LINE BACK WHICH IS WHY FANTASY PLAYERS LIKE HIM, BUT IF McGAHEE RUNS LIKE HE DID IN COLLEGE HE'LL WIN THE STARTING JOB AND THE BILLS WILL TRADE HENRY FOR A 1st ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR
Spider-Monk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Yianni2112 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:08 am

The whole McGahee thing is generated by the media ...all the coaches and players know that Henry is the RB of the team.

With McGahee it's ifs and Henry is proven....
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:32 pm

Spider-Monk wrote:ANYBODY REMEMBER HOW MANY TIMES HENRY FUMBLES
HE'S A GREAT GOAL LINE BACK WHICH IS WHY FANTASY PLAYERS LIKE HIM, BUT IF McGAHEE RUNS LIKE HE DID IN COLLEGE HE'LL WIN THE STARTING JOB AND THE BILLS WILL TRADE HENRY FOR A 1st ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR
Last year he fumbled 7 times, lost 3 of them. That's not the worst there was last year in the NFL. What's McGahee's track record for fumbling? The fact is we don't know yet. I would think that Bills are going to pick and choose their spots to play McGahee that way they can work him in slowly and showcase Henry somewhat to enhance his after season trade value. No way does he go anywhere this year.

Sidebar, Spidermonk, the "Caps Lock" key, see it, know it, use it....please!
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:43 am

I wrote a bunch of stuff for a thread that really didn't deserve the talk, and I didn't want it to go to waste...so I'm putting it here.

The season is half over, and now McGahee is "the man." But, I still think Henry is a good player.

I have a question to whoever knows the situation better than me. Is Buffalo's offensive line much different than the one they had last year as far as the players involved? All right, I looked it up myself. :-)

Looks like three guys are the same from last year, one is a second year guy, and the other is a veteran guard (Villareal who used to play for CHI). Other than the second-year guy, I would say that's a solid squad. A lot of people are saying that these guys are "bums"...but it's mostly the same guys as last year!

Here's the point I'm trying to make. Henry went for almost 1300 yards in 14 games last year with essentially the same line they have this year. Could it just be that the line was just really stinking it up at the beginning of the year and now they have finally hit their stride because they are winning and on a roll?

The Bills were keeping games close at the beginning of the year because of their defense. They could have won many of the games that they lost; they just weren't getting any TD's...and I think the line was the problem for the run game, not Henry. But, then Henry got hurt, and McGahee got his chance.

I have a hard time believing that a guy who went for almost 1500 and almost 1300 yards in back to back years is now total junk and McGahee is soooo much better. I think that Willis came in and gave the guys some confidence that their highly touted first round pick could help them out, thus boosting the play of the line and Bledsoe at the same time.

I'll come out and say that I like Henry because of what he did last year for my fantasy team - so I am biased a little bit. I am hoping most of us can agree that Henry just needs a "change of scenery," and he'll be fine. I just don't want people saying he's already washed up just because the team he was playing for was totally out of sorts for the first half of the season.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Yianni2112 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:40 pm

The line is getting better, true however McGahee is a stronger and bigger RB with the ability to run it up the middle or to the outside should the line colaspe.Last week's 37 carries proved that he is also very durable. Henry has no chance of playing barring injury and the occasional play as a decoy. Henry is showing no more motivation and seems to run to the sideline to hurry and put his parka back on. His days as a Bill seem to be over. I witnessed this live at the Jets game last week. I kept my eye on him on bench.

Let us also remember his last two years and the numbers he put up as well as the fact that he is only 25 years old and will have no problem starting for another team next year. The question now is will the Bills receive a first or a second round pick for him. And which team will he go to. One where he will be the feature back or a team that has a RB and he will be in the same situation where he will be fighting to be a starter. I'm a fan of Henry and hope he goes to a team where he can start...say the Dolphins maybe.

How nice would that be for the Bills/Dolphins love matches.
That would be "Awsome" having Henry come back to the Ralph in a Dolphins uniform...I'd almost be cheering for him..."ALMOST"
I would not be caught dead cheering for any Dolphin especially after Ricky screwed me and my fantasy keeper team !!! I hate the Dolphins and will never own one again!!! (unless of course it's McMichael D'oh !!)

That said it will be fun to see where Henry ends up and what he will do fantasy wise. I own him in the same league. I thought I was set with Williams and Henry at RB...NOW LOOK AT ME !!!

Going to keep both and hope for the best !!!
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Buffalo Bills