Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu May 27, 2004 12:24 pm

bungle613 wrote:give me $20 on the Vikes

Somehow I knew you were gonna say that.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu May 27, 2004 3:24 pm

Go ahead let him throw his money away. ;-)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu May 27, 2004 4:14 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I wouldn't mind placing $10 on Detroit.

Sure, it's a long shot, but I could deal with an $800 return, and it's certainly a better risk than most of the other teams on the bottom 1/4 of that list...

Hoinestly I was looking at Houston and New Orleans big time longshots but there is no risk and huge reward. Buffalo wouldnt be a bad bet either.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guest » Sun May 30, 2004 6:36 pm

the falcons would probably be the best pick, you get 21:1 odds and the falcons are greatly improved from the team 2 years ago that beat the pack in lambeau.

Friendliness: %

Postby NittanyLions » Sun May 30, 2004 6:40 pm

Homeless wrote:Aww come on, give us a bit more credit, its not hard to understand at all :-b and we often discuss betting here ;-D

An interesting post none the less. Thanks ;-D

interesting, but come on. Tying with the giants and 9ers? :-P
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby smackthefirst » Mon May 31, 2004 12:33 am

Im in for 10 on the Skins. Ill see what can happen for a 310 return.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby MeShawn » Mon May 31, 2004 9:21 am

Poobah wrote:You know, I'd love to turn a modest investment of $10 on my beloved Cowboys into $260, but I think I'm gonna keep that cash this year. Maybe :-?

I'd put down $100 :-]
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Mon May 31, 2004 10:12 am

SidelineQB wrote:Dungy did leave his mark on the Bucs but they didn't do any damage in the playoffs until Chucky came around. Give Gruden his due, he won a Superbowl. Dungy's still waiting for his.

Look at the Bucs division...who's really going to stop them?
Falcons are still putting things together, and no single person can turn a team into a division leader...even if it is Vick
Saints...december collapse
Panthers...they haven't changed much from last year, but every year a superbowl participant becomes mediocre and I don't see that happening to the Patriots

I think the Bucs will be a team to look out for in their division

No offense, but I entirely disagree with your arguement.

The Falcons are a team that revolves around Mike Vick. With Vick gone, they suck. With Vick present, the Falcons were a competant team. Vick cannot literally turn the Falcons into a division leader; he cannot play for their defense. HOWEVER, he gives life and power to an offense that may very well light up the field this season. Before Vick went down last year, he had a solid 2002 campaign, and so did the Falcons. I wouldn't down the birds simply because of the "1 man can't win a title" theory

The Saints did have a December collapse, and I doubt they will push for the title. They will finish behind the bucs, and I agree with you here. However, keep in mind they came close to the playoffs last year, and that offense is still intact.

The Panthers...I hate this arguement. In the long run, there will always be a "mediocre team after a superbowl." But you can't just slap down that analysis and that analysis alone and expect to walk away clean. You need to prove why the Panthers are going to fall behind the Bucs. Offensively, the Panthers gained another wideout in Keary Colbert out of USC, and have 2 capable backs in Foster and Davis. Delhomme proved EVERYONE wrong last year and showed himself to be a solid, underrated QB. There are no big changes on defense; they picked up Armstead and Gamble while losing Grant (who wasn't very good anyways) With much of the same still present, I don't think you can just rule the Panthers out of the title.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk