Antonio Freeman - What's his value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Antonio Freeman - What's his value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Antonio Freeman - What's his value?

Postby SupaFreak » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:04 pm

I have a few teams in my league trying to pluck Antonio off my team. How much value do you think he has? Will he become a stud again in Philly? Or should I just trade him for a mediocre backup RB as I am a little thin at that position?

Thanks!
SupaFreak

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:12 pm

You can't deny Freeman's talent and even though he's listed behind some other guys on the depth chart he's gonna start pretty soon and he will put up good numbers. His new QB isn't that much worse than his old one.

If you can get a good fantasy backup RB though and you have your WR starters ready without Freeman I think you should try to do it.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sam » Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:10 am

My opinion... I think Freeman will bust open within a month. He just got signed with Philly and he needs time to know Reid's basis. I have Thrash and Freeman on my squad right now. Right now, Thrash is the #1 wideout in Philly because of his experience, so for now he'll be getting all of the passes. But give Freeman until at least October and he'll be play like he's gearing up for the Superbowl. Give him some time because he's worth a lot! He'll be posting numbers soon. But you gotta be patient. I'm not that kind of guy to be patient with FF, but... for Freeman... I will. I have him on my roster also and people are trying to pluck him off because they know he'll explode this year. Just wait a little while and you'll see also. And if he's not in his prime by mid-October... drop him or keep him. Because he sure as hell will be playing well in November. It depends on your patience.
Sam

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk