Give out your Gameball! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Give out your Gameball!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Give out your Gameball!

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:33 pm

My last Gameball of the regular season has gotta go to C.Penn & the entire Jets offense.With the young gun leading the way they totally dismantled a good Packer D.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:53 am

I have ta agree...Penny and the Jets have capped a great turnaround season with the win over GB!!! And they got my Brownies in the playoffs to boot!!!! ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:58 am

Haha,P P P Penny & the Jets,good one.Hope you don't mind if I use that. ;-D

Chad will be my fantasy QB next year if I can get him.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby e-man » Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:23 am

My hat is off to both the Jets and the Browns. What a great season and what a great way to go into the playoffs. Now my goat of the week goes to the Falcons WR. Catch the Damn ball!
e-man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JayM09 » Mon Dec 30, 2002 10:17 am

my gameball goes to pennington as well, for leading the jets to a playoff berth...
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:31 pm

Agreed all the way Penny leading his team to not only a playoff appearance but the AFC East Divisional title against a tough GB team....awesome ;-D
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:32 pm

Just to mention someone else, Clinton Portis played a simply amazing game as well... ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thelongestyard » Mon Dec 30, 2002 7:34 pm

Career Gameball to Darrell Green. Bidding him a fond farewell as he ends a great, classy career. In a business where players chase the cash and change teams like their underwear, Green spending his pro years with one team is commendable. Still remember him making his mark by tracking down Tony Dorsett years ago. All the best to a great man and player.

Off the soapbox, Pennington and Portis once again show what we may be seeing for years to come. Great performances by both. Hasselback also had a great game. Still not sure how he turned things around this year. One more to William Green. What a day to give the Browns a chance to make the playoffs.
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:19 am

I didn't realize Portis had such a great game before I posted,I guess I was caught up in the Gang Green steamroller.Good call Arlo.I also like tly's gameball nominee.I mean the man still runs a 4.2 40,that's his age(42).One of the all-time greats plus he is also a true gentleman,kinda rare in this day & age.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Arlo » Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:24 am

Agreed, great call by thelongestyard. Class doesn't even begin to describe Green. The Redskins have had a lot of great players over the years, and Green ranks among the very best - on the field and off.

Hats off.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk