Jimmy Smith.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jimmy Smith..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jimmy Smith..

Postby footballfreak449 » Fri May 28, 2004 7:18 pm

http://www.jaguars.com/Story/3652.asp

To sum it up, the article said the Smith is working towards turning back the clock to play like when he was in the Top 3 of everyone's Cheat Sheets (ahh, good times). He is 35 now, and I'm going turn this into a little Around the Horn question. Buy or Sell Jimmy Smith being in the top 15 WR's for 2005?
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Fri May 28, 2004 7:22 pm

sell, at his age and with corners getting faster and better these days , no way he cracks the top 15. he'll be lucky to stay healthy all year. maybe the top 20 if he can avoid some hits and stay on the field.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Fri May 28, 2004 7:23 pm

Sell, no chance he breaks the top 15.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fender » Fri May 28, 2004 9:06 pm

Sell, too many up-and-comers in the NFL. Like Boldin, Smith, Morgan, Chambers and Wayne. These guys are all between 23 and 26. That's when your career begions taking off. Smith was a top 5 WR in his day, but it's tomorrow.
[b][color=red]Double Trouble[/color][/b]
Fender
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Fri May 28, 2004 10:13 pm

I want to be contrary and give reasons why to buy, like: my Leftwhich will be better next year and Fragile Freddie's next injury will mean the Jags will have to pass more. I can't do it because I think if there will be a top 15 WR in Jax it will be Williams.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri May 28, 2004 10:26 pm

Im Buying. I like JSmith to have a great comeback yr. He may not be a top 15 exactly, but I'll say a solid #2 WR and a great #3. Jacksonville will go to the air more and with the emergence of a true #2, Smith will have the partner he needed to outperform (remember McCardell). Where he is currently ranked - outside the top 20 in most rankings Ive seen, and where he is going in the mocks, he's definitely value. You bet Im buying.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Petey » Sat May 29, 2004 1:19 pm

I also think Jimmy will do well. I won't say top 15, but maybe 16. He'll be Leftwich's go to guy. That's worth 80 catches and 10 td's. I'd take him as a #2 wr.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Sat May 29, 2004 1:23 pm

Depends how much Leftwich improves this year. With Williams and Smith, he definatly has some weapons, so Jimmy Smith could have a successful year. That being said, I'm not sure I can put that much faith into Jimmy Smith's dedication. I'll put him around the #22 WR
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sat May 29, 2004 1:52 pm

I already bought, he goes later in the draft, and he is bound to break out with Leftwich, I like him this year. I wouldnt guarantee a top 15, but top 20 is sufficient.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat May 29, 2004 3:12 pm

I will buy, just because wide receivers are such a crapshoot, I think that Byron Leftwhich is amazing and will be able to get Jimmy the ball.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk