Carcass, back from the dead? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carcass, back from the dead?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carcass, back from the dead?

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat May 29, 2004 12:28 pm

Do you guys think Robinson will be a legit #2 in Minn. this year or just another in the long line of nobodys opposite Moss? He had a few nice games last year and can catch the deep ball but man he scares me. Would you spend a LATE round pick on him?
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Sat May 29, 2004 1:17 pm

Culpepper is definatly an upgrade @ QB over Anthony Wright or Kyle Boller. He'll always been pretty loosly guarded with Moss being double teamed on the side of the field. Definatly a good sleeper and a late-round stash.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Carcass, back from the dead?

Postby kid a » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:07 am

cooleyhigh wrote:Do you guys think Robinson will be a legit #2 in Minn. this year or just another in the long line of nobodys opposite Moss? He had a few nice games last year and can catch the deep ball but man he scares me. Would you spend a LATE round pick on him?

I'd definitely spend a late round pick on him as a backup WR. Lots of upside there. More importantly, I think his presence solidfies Culpepper as the top QB and Moss as the top WR. I would have had them there anyways though.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Poobah » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:09 am

Long line? How long has it been since Cris Carter retired? This is 3 years, right? Woe is you poor Vikes fans. Trying to remember the last good #2 WR in Dallas.... uh, who lined up besides Bullet Bob Hayes, anyway?

:-B
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Homeless » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:20 am

I dont think you'd have top spend a late rnd pick on him, he'll be on the wire in the majority of leagues.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:01 pm

Robinson was great for a couple years in chicago before he started having big time injury problems... I think he can be a solid starter next to moss... BTW his injuries are what got Booker noticed in Chicago...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kid a » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:04 pm

Homeless wrote:I dont think you'd have top spend a late rnd pick on him, he'll be on the wire in the majority of leagues.

If this guy does ANYTHING in August, he'll get drafted in any league with 10 or more teams. Any if he manages to grab a few TD's in August, he might rise to mid-round pick status, which I think is too high.

The #2 WR on a high powered offense will get drafted no matter what kind of reputation he has.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:26 am

He's definitely worth a roster spot. After around the 20th overall WR is the line when #2 WRs from a good team are better than #1 WRs from a bad team. I'm not saying draft him 21st, but he's definitely worth whatever spot people were drafting Reggie Wayne and Tai Streets last season.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:55 pm

Yes, I would definitely take him late in a draft or off the waiver wire if possible. Marcus Robinson has great talent, putting up 1400 yards and 9 TDs the only year he played all games as a starter. Before Carter left the Vikings had 6 straight years (1994-2000) with two WRs over 1000 yards. Now with Moss having his foot problem if Robinson can stay healthy he could be in for a big year.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:04 pm

Sorry to get off topic, but Zimm, don't you think it's time to lose the beginner "L"?

Robinson would make a decent pick for a #4 WR to start. I suspect there will be someone in most drafts picking him too high, though, hoping for Cris Carter numbers.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk