Pennington vs Bulger - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pennington vs Bulger

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NittanyLions » Sat May 29, 2004 5:38 pm

i have em both at the lower top 10, but I would draft Penny ahead of Bulger, I think Penny will break out
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Sat May 29, 2004 5:53 pm

Anonymous wrote:
footballfreak449 wrote:I'm from WV, so I love Bulger. But, Pennington got hurt because he got hit in the hand(Or something like that), not because he pulled something. So the fact he got injured is almost completly out the window. As well, Bulger had a 1 to 1, TD to INT ratio, while Pennington had almost 4 to 1 two years ago. All in all, Pennington and Bulger are very close stat wise, but people just seem to like Pennington more.

If your from WV, why don't you like Pennington as well? He played his college ball at Marshall, another WV school.

I think Pennington is the slightly better QB, but Bulger has the much better team. So I give Bulger the edge in FF. Also look for Bulgers Int to TD ratio to get better this year.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I read it.

In any case, I like Pennington better but they'll both probably be battling between the #5 and #10 spots.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby arrbez » Sat May 29, 2004 6:21 pm

i think pennington is a much better QB, but i think bulger will have slightly better numbers this year because of the team around him. especially if he can dump the ball to a healthy faulk
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Sat May 29, 2004 10:20 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like Pennington a good bit more than Bulger. Extrapolating Pennington's stat's doesnt really make sense though, because he threw 5 INTs vs. Oakland and you know he would do that again.

Cheese, are you high? I have no idea what this statement means. His 5 INT's were against NE to clarify and I think you meant to say "he would NOT do that again." }:-)
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby CC » Sat May 29, 2004 11:17 pm

Azarel, you read my mind, yes I did mean to say he would not do that again, this is the most efficient QB in the league.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun May 30, 2004 1:34 am

I actually think that Bulger could be under-valued. He will go into the season as the #1 guy and get all of the practice reps in camps and preseason. That should help him run the offense better and the Vermeil's system is a fantasy players...uh...fantasy.
Penny is probably the better QB, but Bulger may have more of an upside.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bungle613 » Sun May 30, 2004 3:56 am

I hate everyone on St. Louis so maybe a little biased but when I think of Penny I think of the Jets-Titans game. He was awesome. Haven't seen passes like that in a long time. The guy is a star.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Azrael » Sun May 30, 2004 7:57 am

moochman wrote:I actually think that Bulger could be under-valued. He will go into the season as the #1 guy and get all of the practice reps in camps and preseason. That should help him run the offense better and the Vermeil's system is a fantasy players...uh...fantasy.
Penny is probably the better QB, but Bulger may have more of an upside.

I don't think the practice reps can be an excuse when you play the same the whole way through the year. Maybe the first quarter of the year. This will be his 4th year with the Rams. He should know how the offense is run by now.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby panther skinner » Sun May 30, 2004 10:34 pm

I would be happy with either QB. IMO I would rather have Pennington, feel like he will make less mistakes.

I'm from WV to and would much rather pull for the QB from the better team(Marshall).
panther skinner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CornDevil13 » Sun May 30, 2004 11:46 pm

Bulger has the more talented supporting staff, but Pennington's swagger reminds me of Namath.

That said, I'm leaning toward Bulger. Faulk and Holt are the difference.
CornDevil13@aol.com
CornDevil13
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk