Pennington vs Bulger - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pennington vs Bulger

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby smackthefirst » Mon May 31, 2004 12:13 am

I have them pretty close as well. I thin kPenny is the better overall QB by far. Oddly enough though, I think I would take bulger first this year in a redraft due to his league and schedule.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steel » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:08 pm

I like penny myself. much more accurate, which of course leads to less interceptions. His receiving core has been upgraded this year and should do very well.
steel

Friendliness: %

Postby mikehunt » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:35 pm

I for probably the first time agree with Canadian cheesehead. Beside that Pennington imo has a better style to his throwing ability. Since Bulger is a qiuck release passer I feel he hasa the chance of making more mistakes. that is just my 2 cents

Mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:40 pm

Maybe your just coming around to the realisation that I'm always right. ;-)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ChyBoy » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:17 pm

I am also from WV and attended Marshall, so I have followed both QBs closely. Bulger is a good QB in a great system. Chad is a very cerebral QB with a great work ethic. I think Bulger will put up better fantasy numbers for the simple fact the talent he has around him. However if I was trying to win a Superbowl, I would take Chad hands down.
ChyBoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:03 am

Yes, I would be happy with both QB's. They have good receivers to throw to, have OK mobility which will lead to some extra fantasy points from yards and TD, and are just going to continue to improve next year. If Pennington stays calm during the games and the Jets don't get too far behind, he should put up better accuracy numbers and be more consistent in the yardage column than Marc. However, if you look at some of the teams they are playing, you have to look for Bulger to do equal or better than last year on TD's with fewer INT's.

These guys "should" still be around by the 6th or 7th round, so I wouldn't mind waiting to get them in order to solidify my other positions.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby zombiez » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:29 pm

I think Penny makes most of what he does happen, while bulgher has the talent and scheme around him.....time will truly tell but I think when its all said and done........Pennington will be remembered as a much better QB
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bottled Aggression » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:55 am

I have had Bulger on my team since they benched Warner.

He has done very well for me. Last year he averaged 20 pts per game, plus if Faulk is healthy, he does get alot of screen passes thrown to him.

We do not deduct pts for INTs, so he did better in my league. Plus he is only about 24 years old in his third year in the league. He and Pennington are young.

Tory Holt was the 2nd leading WR in our league also, barely behind R. Moss.

I think either Qb would be a good solid pick. I think I would rank them in the 6-10 spot for QBs. As a starter, I would try to get someone like Culpepper, Manning, Vick or McNabb before these two if possible.
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk