Best in Franchise History - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

Best in Franchise History

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 31, 2004 4:15 pm

hayesb26 wrote:Jonathan Ogden. The best offensive lineman in the past five years IMO, he's been opening gaping holes for Jamal. Woodson and Lewis are both good picks too, but Ogden needs to get some love.

The Canacuna agrees. Jonathan Ogden is a beast.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Poobah » Mon May 31, 2004 10:12 pm

Azrael wrote:Remember the Ravens are the "old Browns" so actually they should have guys on there like Ozzie Newsome, Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Bernie Kosar.

Part of the deal of moving to Baltimore was the understanding that a new Browns team would start in Cleveland and they would have the right to the team name and the history, and anyway they both can't have it.

Ogden vs. Ray Lewis. Tough call. I won't go for Woodson, because Woodson's best days were in Pittsburgh.

Ray Lewis, felony or not....
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Football Newbie » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:37 pm

its gotta be lewis. Seriously. One of the best linebackers ever with some years still left in him. Murderer or not, he is the best defenseive player around these days.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheHeat24 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:29 pm

Ray Lewis without a doubt... I think he and LT share the title as best linebackers ever.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ibeckhami » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:37 am

ray lewis... great leader... on the road to maybe the greatest LB and he basically runs the team... Ray
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:14 pm

If I had to pick a guy for his overall career, Rod Woodson in a heartbeat. But if I'm picking best in franchise history...well, I have to say Jonathan Ogden. There is argueably no offensive lineman better than Ogden over the last ten years.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:47 am

wow..crazy i never saw this thread before...this is a tough call, but i think im going to go with ray. all i can think about is the season he missed some time, and they lost like every game he was out..and they were winning while he was there. arguably one of the greatest LBs of all time, and a true leader. ogden was my second pick. with a team so cenetered around the running game..he is the reason they are successful..not so much jamal. the games i saw this year when ogden was out was a dramatically different outcome in the rbs production. its crazy how good he is. 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

wow...

Postby RayVins » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:45 am

(EDITED -AWW)

ray is now and will always be better than what rod woodson has ever been. further more ray will go down as one the greatest defensive players the NFL has ever seen.

this is a lame post considering only steelers fans repl in a RAVENS FORUM...

1. ray lewis
2. j. ogden
3. everyone else
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: wow...

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:02 am

(EDITED-AWW)

RayVins wrote:ray is now and will always be better than what rod woodson has ever been. further more ray will go down as one the greatest defensive players the NFL has ever seen.

Rod Woodson made the NFL's 75th anniversary team. I'd say he qualifies as one of the NFL's best defensive players. Would you like me to bring up some stats?

RayVins wrote:this is a lame post considering only steelers fans repl in a RAVENS FORUM...

Your post? Lame? No. Not at all. :-o Where do you get the idea that only steelers fans reply in a ravens forum? So far I don't count hardly anyone who replied to this thread as a Steelers fan.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

lets see...

Postby RayVins » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:05 pm

uh, the first and second replies to this post were by steeler fans ACTUALLY...

it wouldnt bother you if a few steelers fans came into your teams forum and said "ray sucks"? yeah because that is a hugely insightful and meaningful post right? no, no its not...

so i wasnt talking about you so why are you starting something here?

and by the way, to whoever warned me... you're cool!!!
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baltimore Ravens