Postby Fender » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:26 am

Unitas
[b][color=red]Double Trouble[/color][/b]
Fender
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ibeckhami » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:50 am

hayesb26 wrote:Johnny gets the vote for now, but in ten years, I think Peyton will have surpassed him.
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Marvin

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:45 pm

I have the same issue of PWF and I was a bit suprised to see Marvin not on the list. Albeit, the other 5 are huge names. I see Harrison ending his career #2 in every major recieving category by careers end. I also think Manning will surpass Unitas by the end of his career.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:30 am

If Manning keeps this up throughout his career I think he gets it.

That is the tough thing when his career is not said and done. It can get much better or he can get hurt. (ie Griffey).

I also was surprised to see Marvin missing from the list too. But if he takes off after the season, I don't see why he would be considered. But I bet he stays.

As of now Unitas. Ask me again in a few years, and I hope to say Manning.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JohnnyUnitas » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:32 pm

Manning is having an amazing year. However, I do think he benefits a lot from his strong receiving corps, and Edge's running game. He's the QB of an amazing team, where all the players seem to be among the best of all time. Ask me again when Peyton lifts a mediocre team to success in the play-offs. So no, at the moment, I don't think he's the best QB of all time.
And I don't think I need to explain who does gets my vote... :-B
JohnnyUnitas
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:33 am

I would agree with you for the most part Johnny. He has the potential to be the best one ever, but can't call him that yet.

As for taking a mediocre team to the playoffs, he has done that already. He had success in the playoffs last year, being one game away from the Super Bowl. He has some playoff success, and the team is destined for much more. It will be an interesting playoffs. This weekend's game against San Diego should be a very interesting gauge for the next month. They showed they can handle Baltimore last week.

I just wouldn't make Peyton out to be successful due to those around him. He is having one of the best years of a QB ever. He is putting up 4000 yds and 25+ tds every year. He does that for a number of more years, it will be hard to not call him the best QB ever. Hopefully he will have a ring or two in that run as well.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Indianapolis Colts