Who Should I Keep? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who Should I Keep?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who Should I Keep?

Postby FootballGuy » Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:32 pm

I am in a keeper league that allows us to keep 3 players. I have to choose between Donovan McNabb, Priest Holmes, William Green, Charlie Garner, Hines Ward, and Jeremy Shockey. Our league forces each team to start a TE. Which 3 do u think I should keep?
FootballGuy
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:57 pm

Well, im a little drunk right now but that doesnt stop me from seeing the light ! :-o

I'd keep :

McNabb
Holmes (I'd like to ehar that he will rcover from his injury, so wait if you can)
and
Shockey (since you have to start a tight end and im guessing he will be one of the best next year.)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby fntsyrookie » Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:48 pm

McNabb, Holmes and Hines Ward. I'd say keep William Green, but although he has done well recently doesn't go over Ward. Also Shockey may very well be one of the best TE's in the league next year, but teams will key in on him more and figure out how to stop him. Not to mention that there are quite a few decent TE's anyways. Pollard (down year) McMichael, Sharpe, Billy Miller, Heap etc. etc. I think it would be beneficial to keep a solid WR than a TE. There will be plenty of TE via the draft for you.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GrowlingGreyhound » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:41 pm

McNabb, Holmes and Green, I believe Green will pick up right where he left off next season. Hot, and on the rise. ;-D
The best teams don't always win...
GrowlingGreyhound
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JayM09 » Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:33 pm

mcnabb
holmes
ward
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gramps » Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:23 am

McNabb, Holmes and Green.
gramps
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby kashikis » Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:05 pm

i say go with mcnabb holmes and ward as keepers since your league only allows 3 keepers per team i would assume there will be plenty of talent left at the other positions especially TE (even though i am a huge shockey fan)
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:20 pm

I'd go with McNabb, Holmes and Ward as well! I really like Green and often say keep ur best scores (i.e. QBs/RBs)...But Hines is a one of a kind! If Maddox keeps the starting job, which rumors have that he will, Ward and Burress will be hot commodities next year!!! Green came out strong in the end, but I think most believe it was luck. I think you can get Green, Deuce, George or someone else of that caliber pretty early in the next draft...TE's are the same...They are almost a wild card at times...Shockey, Miller, Heap are some of the ones I would look for in the draft. Most people probably won't look to keeping these guys around, so you should be able to get a good/decent TE next go round!!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:09 pm

Agree completely with Slowkidz.....Holmes and Ward are top FF keepers and McNabb speaks for himself.
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk